Saturday, January 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas {Merry Mail}



Hello and welcome to the FIRST Keeping Christmas Blog Hop of 2020!  We've got some fabulous new designers on the blog roll this year, so you'll definitely want to head to each of their blogs to see what they've created for today's hop! If you're new here and don't know what "Keeping Christmas" is, well, let me explain! This is actually the beginning of my 4th year of Keeping Christmas and the 2nd year of it being part of the blog hop! I started this series as a way to get my Christmas projects done throughout the year, rather than a mad dash during the holidays! It is so much fun because I get to use all of my Christmas stamps, papers, and supplies all year long! So...without further adieu...here are the links to the other designers' blogs and I will dive into the details of my 2 projects I've made for today's hop!
Kelly Lunceford (Creator)

I've gone with a postal theme for today's projects because I've been dying to use the Mailbox Gift Holder Die that I got during this last Christmas season and didn't get a chance to use it! I also bought the coordinating stamp set, but didn't choose to use it for today's projects since I was going for a more vintage feel!

I created 3 mailbox gift card holders and 6 "Letters to Santa" gift tags for today using the same mix of papers, which were a gift from my sister so I'm not sure of the manufacturer. 

Let's talk about the tags first; these are actually a slightly different variation of a tag that I made a few years ago, but I used the LAST one this past Christmas and they were a favorite of mine!  I also purchased these cute Santa die cuts during this past holiday season and tucked them away since I didn't have time to use them! They are the perfect addition to these tags!

To begin these tags, I used my favorite envelope template from Martha By Mail that I got in the early 2000's. It's kind of crazy to think it is 20 years old, but that is the reality, isn't it? Anyway, I traced the envelopes 3 times each; twice for the tags, and once for the mailbox out of each of the three pattern papers. Once that was done, I hand cut them and folded them making sure to crease the edges with my bone folder.
The only adhesive I used to secure them is one foam square under the flap. I also used an additional foam square to add to the North Pole "seal". All of the stamped images are from one of my most favorite stamp sets; Santa Stationery. It has been a favorite for years and makes an appearance every year!
I heat embossed 6 of the seals in silver onto black cardstock and stamped 3 of the seals in Pure Poppy ink onto cream cardstock. I used a 1 inch circle punch to punch them out. I also heat embossed the "official letter to Santa" and the "please send to the North Pole" sentiments in silver onto the flap of the envelopes.


I stamped the checklist portion of the tag onto cream cardstock as well but noticed when I was finished with the tags that I used the wrong stamp; I wanted them to say "You've been" rather than "I've been" ! I was so bugged but had already added the holly berry embellishment using hot glue AND the red eyelets and twine! Ugh! Oh well! The mailboxes have the right sentiment, so there's that! LOL! The finishing touch is the addition of the Santa die cuts using additonal foam squares!

I got the sentiment right on these, though! Ha ha! Each mailbox is die cut twice out of the same pattern paper that I used on the tags. Wouldn't a plaid mailbox like this be so cute out on the street? LOL!

The letters are created  the same way that I did for the tags, but I omitted the Santa die cut. I also added a bow embellishment that my sister gave me last holiday season as well, and once again, I didn't have time to use them! That's why I love Keeping Christmas so much because I have time all year long!


You can see the beautiful silver detail on the pattern paper and that was the reason why I chose to use silver embossing powder. For my last set of tags, I used gold so it was nice to switch things up!

I had so much fun working on today's projects and I can't wait to pull them out in December! I store all of my projects throughout the year in my storage room under the stairs. I put the 3D items in boxes and store the cards in plastic totes. For those of you who visit regularly, you might remember the flood I had a few years ago that damaged a lot of my stash. So...I really should be better about keeping it ALL in plastic totes, but I don't! LOL!  Thanks for fluttering by!


28 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Kelly! Suffice it to say, WOW!!! What wonderful tags and cards. Adore the vintage feel, and the mailboxes are precious. Yes, we need to flood USPS suggestion boxes with the plaid idea! Hugs!

jan metcalf said...

Love the way your supplies came together Kelly! Your gifts are gorgeous!

Nancy G said...

Kelly, these are fantastic!! I love these vintage mailboxes and those Santa faces!!!!

Vicki Finger said...

So cute and I love the ephemera! It's fun to use whatever we want for this series, huh?

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful! I love theme and vintage look.

F said...

LOVE THESE! Perfect vintage look that I love at Christmas!

Marybeth said...

I love what you have done with that darling mailbox! I know what you mean no time to use it , so this is perfect. So happy to be a part of the team, thanks.

Connie said...

Kelly, I love your idea of doing the Christmas cards all year long. This mail box die is a wonderful creation and look forward to getting it. Your choice of plaid is fantastic and very inspiring! I would love to see a plaid mailbox, would sure brighten things up. The papers your sister gave you are great, sure would like to know where they are from. Wonderful work as always! Thanks

blaze said...

So cute, as always! I just expect adorable from you, Kelly!!! Hey! don't be bummed about the "I've been...". Just do the "You've been" on a fishtail banner! (I've had a LOT of experience in "fixing" mistakes) AND this is the year I am going to make Christmas cards all.year.long.
Keep the inspiration coming, girl!

Nora Noll said...

How FUN!! I Love these adorable tags. The little Santas you used are fantastic and the vintage feel is right up my alley. I so wish I could be a part of this hop!! Would get my butt in gear to create some Christmas cards before I have to!!

Denise Bryant said...

These are all so beautiful!

Carol H. said...

I’ve always admired your cards! These and the tags are fabulous! Thanks so much for having me on the team!

Marcia Hill said...

These plaid mailboxes just couldn't be any cuter Kelly! So cute in fact that I had to go over to The Stamp Market and make a purchase before I even finished reading your post!! I love every little detail you added to the mailboxes and envelopes...you are going to have some very happy gift recipients next Christmas!! :0)

Lisa Schenck (lisacardmaker@yahoo.com said...

Love these! Is the Martha by Mail envelope template still available? Are you allowed to share?

Kelly Lunceford said...

I'm not sure. I honestly don't know if the "Martha By Mail" line is still around. I'll do some searching and get back to you.

Stephanie Clapper said...

How very, very cute! I love your “Letters” to Santa and the super cute mailboxes. I’m in awe of you creating for Christmas, I’m still recovering from my card making marathon for last Christmas! Lol. 😊❤️

Lori said...

How fun! Love the sweet plaid mailboxes and all the details on the tiny envies.

Darnell said...

These are incredible works of Christmas art, Kelly! I love the designs and the idea of your Hop on the 25th of each month! It's wonderful inspiration ~ thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks, Jan! They were so much fun to make!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! Yes, I love that aspect!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! I'll ask her and see if she knows!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! You're always so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you very much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww.... Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

LOL! I'm glad you like them! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

I don't know how I missed commenting last month, but oh these steal my heart. I absolutely LOVE all of these. Your photos are amazing, too! I need to come take lessons from you! Just WOW!