Saturday, January 11, 2020

Ink to Paper January Countdown Day 1

Hello and welcome to the Ink to Paper January release countdown! The next few days will be fun, festive and colorful, so make sure to stop by for each day of the countdown! My first project for today uses the fun new Balloon Wishes stamp and die set. All products will be available for purchase starting at 10 PM on January 15th!

These balloons were so much fun to create using the new Balloon Wishes stamp set. To begin, I stamped five balloons in black and then used Tumbled Glass, Picked Raspberry, Scattered Straw, Mowed Lawn, and Milled Lavendar Distress Oxide Ink to do some ink blending around each balloon. I left the center light to give it the appearance of a real balloon. I love how they turned out!

I stamped the bows on the left over blended portion around each balloon to make sure it matched perfectly. I used the coordinating Balloon Wishes die collection to die cut the bows.

Before I attached the bows, I added some chunky iridescent glitter to the bottom of each balloon using a 2 way glue pen. Once that was done, I added the bows using liquid glue.

I cut a panel of white cardstock to 4 by 5 1/4 inches and then did some ink blending around the perimeter using Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink. Once that was done, I stamped the "Have a colorful birthday" sentiment and the heart images using black ink. I also used the Confetti & Streamers stamp set to stamp the streamers at the top using the same pink as the balloon. I added a border using the new Border Bling: Skinny Dots with Raspberry Fizz cardstock.

I arranged the balloons in clusters around the sentiments with varying depth with foam squares. I also added a few sparkling clear sequins to give it additional detail and shine! The entire panel is added to a top folding A2 cardbase using foam squares.

My second project for today uses the new Inside Greetings: Birthday stamp set paired with the fabulous new Sunray Border. I couldn't resist using the cake from the new Cake Creations stamp set that was released last month. It pairs perfectly with this new sentiment and it fit perfectly inside, too!

To begin this design,I got to work on the leaves and flowers. I stamped everything and then die cut them with the Cake Creations die collection. I also die cut the cake from Pale Peony cardstock three times. I glued two of them together and heat embossed the sentiment and then I layered the third one underneath using foam squares.  I die cut the cake stand and sun rays out of specialty gold cardstock. Because I stamped the sentiment first, I was able to go back and add the white Nuvo drops to the top and bottom layers of the cake.

The background for this card was created exactly like the one in my first card today. I added the cake stand, cake, and sun rays using foam squares and liquid glue. After that was done, I was able to add the leaves and flowers here and there.


I had a few leftover flowers and leaves, so I took the opportunity to use another one of the Inside Sentiments to jazz up the inside.

I added a few sparkling clear sequins to the sunrays for some added birthday sparkle.


I had so much fun creating both of these cards! My birthday stash is lacking so these will be the perfect addition! Please join me again for day 2 of the countdown tomorrow! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

blaze said...

You did it again, Kelly! Imho, balloons can be a little ho hum... But look what you did to these balloons, girl! It makes them so special and worthy! Your cake card is delicious!!!

buzzn2scrap said...

Gorgeous cards ! LOVE the sunburst die !!!

Cindy Beach said...

Kelly, these cards are stunning! Your artistry is amazing, I love everything that you make.

I'd like to know what chunky glitter you used? I've been trying to find a good one.