Friday, October 11, 2019

SugarPea Designs Sweet 2 Repeat Instagram Hop {Merry Christmas}

Today the SugarPea Designs Pod Squad is hosting an Instagram Hop, but I wanted to share the details of my card in a blog post as well! There ARE prizes up for grabs with the Instagram Hop, so be sure to start at the @sugarpeadesigns page to hop along to be eligible to win!

I've used a few of my favorites from the new release, as well as a few of my older favorites! To begin this design, I did some inkblending using Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink to create a wintery sky! I used the Falling Snow Stencil and some Moonstone Glimmer Paste to create the sparkly snowflakes!

I die cut the Lantern twice out of red cardstock and glued them together using liquid glue. I die cut the metal portions using silver specialty paper for a realistic look. I also die cut the snowy hills using the Card Front Element Builder SugarCuts and added those using foam squares on the blended background.


I stamped the trees, sled, gnome and present in black; these cute images are from the Gnome For Christmas stamp set and is one of my unexpected favorites from the release! It's amazing how adding the color using Copic markers brings these images to life in the most delightful way!  {I think that is part of a Mary Poppins song! LOL} 

Once they were all colored, I die cut them using the Gnome For Christmas SugarCuts and added them to the snowy scene using foam squares. I also added a sprig of Holly to the top of the lantern using one of the pieces from the Pocket Tag Christmas Characters. It added just the festive touch I was looking for!

I heat embossed the "Merry Christmas" sentiment, which is from the Everyday Sentiments Stamp Set, and then die cut it using the Sentiment Strip SugarCuts. I added it to the bottom of the lantern using foam squares! I am so excited, my SU! demonstrator, who gets me all of my foam squares, told me about black ones that they are carrying for the holiday season! Of course I had to buy some! They are coming today, so I can't wait to try them! They would have come in super handy on this card! LOL!


I added a few sparkling clear sequins here and there for some extra sparkle and shine! Make sure to head to Instagram to be eligible to win a prize! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: