Thursday, October 3, 2019

Inspired By...truckload of fall {Sweet Treats for You}

It's October; time for all things pumpkin, all things cozy, all things FALL!!! It's finally sinking in that it's actually this time of year but my porch still has summer flowers out, wreath, etc! LOL! I've got to get my behind in gear! I'm too busy making Christmas cards to transition to fall! LOL! Go figure! Well, today there is a new Inspired By Challenge that should get us all in the fall spirit!

Of course, as soon as I saw this inspiration photo, I knew what had to be done! I just  HAD to make some pick up truck treat containers!
I picked three Autumn inspired colors to create the pick up trucks with; Saffron SpiceHoney NutCanyon Clay. I used the Dashing Through the Snow Pick Up Die to die cut everything out. I did it assembly line style so I was quick and effective! I've made these quite a few times so it goes pretty quick!

Before I began the assembly, I added Nuvo Crystal Glaze to all of the windows and set them aside to dry while I got to work on everything else! The metal pieces are die cut from specialty silver cardstock that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.

I stamped the back using the Dashing Through the Snow sentiments. I really love the rusty/worn look of the truck in the inspiration photo so I added some ink splatter to mimic the look.

Once the trucks were all assembled, I made some pumpkin/gourd tags to tie up the treats. I will add those later because I don't always like how bows and cellophane bags look in my photos! LOL!

The tags were die cut using the Scalloped Tag Dies out of white cardstock. I used the Simply Gourd-eous stamp set to stamp the pumpkin and gourd; I tried to use the colors from the photo. Once they were stamped, I used the coordinating Simply Gourd-eous die collection.

The sentiment is from Sentiment Staples: Halloween and is stamped in black. I added it over the top of the pumpkin/gourd using foam squares. These tags also got some "splatter" to give them that same rusty/rustic look! I had a lot of fun putting these together! I hope you get a chance to join us! Thanks for fluttering by!



16 comments:

Karen said...

These are fabulous!

Caly Person said...

Your sweet treats are too cute! I love the added touch of the glitter and hollies! Beautifully done, Kelly!

TeresaC said...

Fabulous "truckload of treats" pick-up trucks!!

Conniecrafter said...

these are just too cute, and very well done!

Vickie R. said...

These pick-ups full of pumpkins are adorable! Thanks for the fall inspiration!

blaze said...

What an awesome post! This certainly was a "sweet treat" for us!!! In my mind, you've got a new name "Kelly, the Queen of Adorable Gift Packages". :)

Stebbins Family said...

How festive are these!! So sweet.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Lol! You're so sweet! Thank you!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Nora Noll said...

DROOL!! These are AWESOME!! I love these fun trucks you created. I want these but have no idea what I would even do with them!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Myers said...

Continue sharing such an excellent post. Glad that I found this, Thankyou

Adam said...

Such clever blog work, Keep doing this kind of post, I support you

Stokes said...

Thanks for sharing an interesting article, It Is really worthy to read

Clay said...

Your way of writing blog is very great and cool. Keep up the good work