Saturday, October 12, 2019

Ink to Paper October Release Day 2

Things are getting festive over here as we roll into Day 2 of the Ink to Paper October release Countdown! First up is a fun new set called Critter Carolers and a new sentiment set called Happy Happy Holidays! I've combined the two for a fun wintery scene!

To begin this design, I cut a piece of 4 by 5 1/4 inches and then added the ink blending using Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink! I stamped the sentiment using black ink as well as the trees.  I also added some white paint splatter for a snowy look, but I masked off the sentiment so that it wouldn't obscure any of the words! 

The snow at the bottom was die cut using the In the Meadow die collection and added to the bottom of the blended panel. I left the tree in my mini MISTI so that I could add the top of the snow for a seamless look. I also die cut the On the Border: Splendid Snowflakes twice and glued it together using liquid glue. I added some coarse glitter to the snow peaks and the snowflake border for some snowy sparkle!

I added some leftover greenery and berries from  yesterday's card to the top of the card with even more glitter! I stamped the caroler and all of his/her accessories and colored them with Copic markers. I die cut them using the Critter Carolers die collection and added them to the card. 
I added a few sparkling clear sequins to finish off this design!
My second card for today uses the new Framing Florals: Christmas which I am in love with! I love all of the sprigs, berries, holly, and branches! It is such a delight and the sentiments are beautiful, too!

I "may" have gone a little overboard with the berries and such, but it was so much fun to arrange them all on this card!

To begin, I got to work die cutting a lot of each piece so that I would have choices when I got to work arranging my card. I used my mini MISTI so that I could do it as quickly as possible. I heat embossed the diamond frame using white embossing powder and then die cut it using the coordinating die collection. I stamped the "Joy to the World" sentiment in black for a crisp look.

I layered the frame and the wreath onto an oval that was die cut using the Geometrix: Oval Die using foam squares. I got to work arranging all of the foliage using a combination of liquid glue and foam squares.

I used the On the Border: Splendid Snowflakes to dry emboss the Kraft panel using an embossing mat in my die cutting machine. I also added some paint splatter for added detail.

I added some gold nuvo drops to the center of the poinsettias. I also added some coarse glitter to the foliage using a 2 way glue pen. I hope you've enjoyed today's showcase! Join me again tomorrow for Day 3 of the release! Thanks for fluttering by!

5 comments:

Jane Harrah said...

I am unable to find the stamp set Happy Happy Holidays or the stamps that says We Wish You A Merry Christmas. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help. You cards are always spectacular!

Kelly Lunceford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Lunceford said...

They will be released on the 15th!

Jane Harrah said...

Oh Great and thanks!!

Linda C said...

Christmas florals are my favorite. The critters are so cute!