Thursday, October 3, 2019

SugarPea Designs {Merry...'tis the Season}

Hello and welcome! I'm excited to be over on the SugarPea Designs Blog today sharing this fun and festive Christmas design using many of my favorite products from the new release! I had so much fun making this card using the Hey Winter stamp set; let me tell you how I created it!

To begin, I stamped all of the images that I knew I wanted to use in Grey ink. Once that was done, I used Copic markers to color them. I used the coordinating Hey Winter SugarCuts to die cut all of the images.

I've been having so much fun with all of the new stencils, but I felt like I haven't showcased the Falling Snow Stencil as much as I would like. I decided to create something a little bit unexpected. I used the Buffalo Check Background stamp to create a tone on tone background, but then I added some Moonstone Glimmer paste with the stencil to create the sparkly snow!

I set that aside to dry while I worked on the sentiments. I used the new Merry SugarCut to create the red and white word at the top. I also heat embossed one of the fun sentiments from the Hey Winter set in white on black cardstock. I used the Sentiment Strips SugarCuts to die cut it out. I love how nice and crisp it looks!

I used the Card Front Element Builder, which is back in stock (yay!), to die cut the black panel, the snowdrifts and the scallop portion around the background, once it was dry, of course! I added some Liquid Applique to the pom poms on the bears hat and activated the puffiness with my heat tool. I love what fun detail it adds to the design.
I had so much fun assembling this festive scene using liquid glue and foam squares! The finishing touches include some coarse glitter to the tops of the trees and some Crystal Glaze to the candy cane and the bears' noses! I hope you've enjoyed today's fun Christmas design!

4 comments:

blaze said...

Kelly,you are the "Queen of Adorable"!!! Ha!

Connie said...

This card is so delightful, I want to make a bunch of them!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie! This really was SO much fun to make!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much!