Thursday, December 6, 2018

Silent Night

Things have been a little quiet around here lately, but when it's quiet here, it means it's hopping behind the scenes! LOL! I'm popping in really quickly this evening with a fun Christmas design I created earlier in the week! I've been dying to use the new Floral Fantasty: Christmas stamp set again; I've only used it once on a tag during the 25 Days of Christmas tags event.  It is such a lovely set with so many possibilities. I've used it today on a rustic Christmas design.

To begin, I die cut the Bold Borders: Yuletide using Pinefeather cardstock. I layered it onto a piece of Kraft cardstock that had been dry embossed using the Woodgrain Impression plate using liquid glue.
I stamped the deer using Pure Poppy ink onto Kraft cardstock and then die cut it using the Floral Fantasy: Christmas die set. I actually die cut 4 deer and then stacked them together using liquid glue to create a chipboard weight piece. 


The sentiment, which is also from the Floral Fantasy: Christmas stamp set, is heat embossed in gold onto Pinefeather cardstock. I used the coordinating die cuts to cut it and then I added it to the bottom of the deer using foam squares.

I added some red Nuvo drops to the "berries" on the frame and some tinsel glitter to some of the greenery around the frame. A few sparkling clear sequins finish off this rustic Christmas design. Thanks for fluttering by!


3 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE that deer Kelly...he looks FABULOUS against all the greenery of the Bold Borders frame! Love how you added the red dots to the berries on the frame too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

I LOVE this card! It is stunning!!!!!

Poppyseed Vintage said...

Kelly, just perfect! The red berries really finish it!