Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Papertrey Ink December Countdown Day 3


Hello and Welcome to Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink December Countdown! I've got one card to share with you today using the new Everyday Elixer Labels. You can see what the rest of the team has come up with using this same set on the Papertrey Ink Blog.  If you're interested in pricing and details of today's products, you can check that out HERE. The Everyday Elixir Labels is a companion set for the previously released Wicked Elixer stamp set. I don't own this set or the coordinating dies, so I got creative with the new Nesting Basics: Pierced circles and the Nesting Basics: Circles dies that will be released on the 15th. 

To begin this design, I created the background. I used the same technique for this frame that I used on THESE cards. It is so easy, yet it yields incredible results! The Bold Borders: Prism die is die cut using Raspberry Fizz cardstock. I glued two of them together and heat embossed the entire frame using a sparkle embossing powder. Once that was done, I layered it onto a 4 1/4 inch by 5 1/2 inch piece of Hibiscus Burst cardstock. I wanted something feminine and fitting for the season of love!

Once the frame was done, I got to work constructing my "bottle". I die cut one of the larger circles, as well as the pierced portion out of Linen Vellum cardstock. I wanted a hint of translucency, but the stability that this heavier weight vellum provides. I stamped the "love potion" label onto yet another size circle. I can tell that these circles will be some of my go-to dies! I stamped the heart that is also included in the Everyday Elixer Labels directly over the "love potion" sentiment. I sponged the edges lightly using some distress ink to give it the appearance of age.

The bottle lid is created in the same way, only this time I doubled up the pierced portion for additional detail. The bow for the neck of the bottle was created by die cutting some Sweet Blush felt out of yet ANOTHER circle {I told you I put these to good use} and secured it into a bow using some silver cord. This was inspired by the hair bows I made last month that you can see in THIS post, you just have to scroll down a bit. I added a few sparkling clear sequins for some shine. I also spritzed the card using Shimmer Spray for additional shine! Thanks for fluttering by!

6 comments:

Nancy G said...

Beautiful, Kelly!!!

jan metcalf said...

So many great ideas Kelly! From vellum, to stitched circles, to felt bows, to glitter spray, making your own perfume bottle! Thanks for the inspiration!

Poppyseed Vintage said...

LOVE the pinks! So pretty! - Francie

Mary Lou Kemp said...

Such an adorable card. So feminine and like Ashley said in the video today it would be such a great card to give if you were giving someone a bottle of perfume.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hey there! I think I'm going to faint, your bottle is a BEAUTY! I've collected miniature perfume bottles for a long time, I have a couple hundred. (I'm addicted!). I couldn't get my hands on the elixir dies since their release, but I think they may FINALLY be available. But your bottle is the one time I may lift an idea. THANK YOU so much for sharing your imagination. Oh, May I ask where you purchased your sparkling embossing powder? Thx so much!! :)

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

This is brilliant! I love it!!!