Friday, December 14, 2018

Papertrey Ink December Countdown Day 5



Welcome to the 5th and final day of the Papertrey Ink December countdown! Today the team is sharing some super fun new products on the Papertrey Ink Blog  that you're sure to love! I have a thing for balloon stamps so I was super excited for this fun new set called You make my heart soar! It's perfect for Valentine's day, but I'm sure these balloons will make an appearance for birthday cards as well! You can read all of the details about today's products HERE.
For my card, I really wanted to give the feeling of soaring, so I got creative with my card base. I was able to allow the balloons to actually extend off of the card, all I had to do was make sure that the entire piece didn't measure more than 5 1/2 inches so that it would still be a standard A2 card. The base is actually a 5 inch piece of cardstock scored in half. I only used half of the new Bold Borders: Love die and adhered it using liquid glue.

 I used the new Shape Shifter: Oval 4 for the focal layer and then built my sky over the top. I used Hawaiian Shores ink and blended it onto the oval leaving some white space to give the appearance of an actual sky. I also used the Cloud dies for some added whimsy and detail. The hearts are die cut using the You make my heart soar dies out of Pure Poppy paper and then adhered to the clouds using liquid glue. I also added a coat of crystal glaze over the top for shine. The sentiment and balloon strings are heat embossed in silver, which I did before I added the clouds.


The finishing touch is a trio of sparkling clear sequins. This new set has a lot of fun different options to make custom balloons, which you are sure to love. I knew that my card base and frame would have a lot of details and I didn't want the card to be too busy! However, I will definitely be using these new balloons in the near future!
My final project of the release uses the new Bear Hugs stamp set and the Shape Shifter: Oval 4 die. This bear is just so cute; I know I will be reaching for this set again and again! The die cuts include an option to cut out the arms so that the bear can be hugging/holding some of the accessories included in the stamp set, even a little bear cub! I decided to veer away from a Valentines design and made a get well card with the included sentiments.


The Hugs and Bear Hugs sentiments have dies that coordinate, which I love, so it gives them additional versatility. I really wanted to use the new stacked hearts that were showcased on Day 3 and because I had the "Bear Hugs" die cut, it made my card come together so much easier! Also, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Betsy included the heart dies as well. Oftentimes the tiny images don't get coordinating dies, but Betsy always thinks of everything! I hope you've enjoyed the last 5 days and all of the amazing new products. I know that it is hard when we are in the heart of Christmas to think about Valentine's Day, but it will sneak up, that's for sure! Thanks for fluttering by and don't forget that the new release goes live at 10 pm EST on the 15th!



6 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

Your cards are amazing, Kelly! Love your color choices and the special fold. Beautiful inspiration, so glad you're on the PTI team now!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Your soaring balloon card is so creative, I'm WOWED! You're such a talented artist :). Your sweet bear would make anyone feel better,I LOVE your ink blending & w/your help, I use that technique all the time.
You've been a big blessing in my life, I've learned from you and you've always been helpful. I sincerely want to thank you for everything & amazing year! Merry Christmas to and your family! Hugs, Stephanie.

Vicki Finger said...

That first card is adorable and I am definitely going to have to buy that to make valentines with! Plus, the Shape Shifter die of course! As always, gorgeous projects!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Vicki! I can't wait to play with them some more when life isn't so crazy!😉

Kelly Lunceford said...

Oh Stephanie! You are always so sweet! Thank you so much

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Cindy!❤❤❤