Saturday, December 15, 2018

Papertrey Ink December Freebie: Your Beautiful Birthday!

Surprise! I'm back today sharing a fun new set that will be a freebie for all qualifying Papertrey Ink purchases beginning tonight at 10 pm EST while supplies last! Please head to the Papertrey Ink Blog to read all of the details as well as view the set in its entirety!Your Beautiful Birthday (a $5 value) will be available for customers to add to their cart as a FREE bonus with qualifying orders placed 10pm EST, December 15th and 11:30pm EST, December 31st or while supplies last.  To qualify for the set, the order total needs to equal $80 or more before shipping and without Rewards Points discounts.  Your Beautiful Birthday is a limited edition set that will never be available for purchase, so be sure to get yours while they are available during this special holiday promotional period! This set will automatically be added to packages with qualifying orders, so there is no need to add it to your cart at check out.
I've created a fun birthday ensemble to share with you today! I've been dying to use the Stitched Gift Bag die, but haven't had the time to actually stitch it! I decided to give it a try with cardstock and I am smitten! I'll explain how I created it in today's post, but since I know how cute it looks made out of cardstock, I will be whipping out quite a few in the next few days to package up some Bath and Body Works travel size products that I have for Christmas gifts! These will be the PERFECT size!

I think I've gotten a little ahead of myself; let me reel it back in! LOL! I used the new Your Beautiful Birthday to create the focal points on both the gift sack and shaker card. I think you're going to fall in love with this sweet little set as much as I have! 

For the card, I created a shaker design using the soon to be released Bokeh background that is perfect to accent this new set! I added a variety of sequins and then adhered the focal point over the acetate using foam squares!
The set consists of two "cake" layers, a sprinkle stamp, cake stand, two different candle options, a flame and glow, and the different sentiments: happy, birthday, to you, and hope your birthday is as beautiful as you are. I tried to use each image, except I didn't manage to use the "to you" image.
So, for the gift sack/box, I die cut two of the main panel as well as the handle accent. Once that was done, I created a quick box using the same cardstock as the front. I just measured the front of the bag to make sure it was wide enough, which was 3 3/4 inches wide and I made the sides 1 3/4 inches. The height is 5 inches tall, but you need to add in the additional width for the bottom which is 1 3/4 inch wide.   I used Scor Tape to adhere the front and back panels to the box! So easy and so cute! I will provide a tutorial for the box portion in the next few days when I share some additional designs.

I also used the new Nested circle dies that will be available tonight as well. This particular shaker card was a breeze to make because I used the versatile Pierced Feature frames. It provides enough room to adhere the acetate as well as the foam tape. I used sequins and gems to give this project a lot of sparkle and of course, some Shimmer Spray! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous ensemble. I'm definitely going to sit with your measurements and try my hand at your bag. And your card! What a beauty. It's perfect with the Bokeh background!! Thank you so much for sharing your process! Have a wonderful Christmas & a Very Happy New Year!! :)

merryf said...

Wow, these are fabulous! I love that shaker card and will definitely be trying this!

Nancy G said...

So beautiful, Kelly!!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Stephanie! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and happy New Year to you as well!