Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Mix it Up #50 {From our home to yours}


Hello and welcome! I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season and getting to do all of the things that you enjoy! It's sure been a busy one for me, but I'm grateful for each and every small moment that makes the season magical! Today I am sharing my card for this month's SugarPea Designs Mix it Up Challenge! I always love a good challenge so it's always fun when it's my turn! You can read all about it today over on the SugarPea Designs Blog.


 These little Gingersnaps are just the cutest thing ever and I can't get enough of them! I wanted them to take center stage today so I pretty much cut and colored every single image in the entire set, except a few of the "ginger-people". I wanted tons of gumdrops and lots of the sweet little accent images that make this such a fun set! I love that there are coordinating dies for EVERY image. It makes building a scene so much easier!
 I was inspired by the Wintergreen colors as well as the pop of red, so that is what I wanted to be sure to include in my design. I kept all of the coloring VERY  simple so that I could spend some extra time adding lots of glitter and Nuvo drops to give the card some special sugary details.
 The sentiment is stamped onto a piece of Kraft cardstock in red ink and then stitched over the Distress Oxide ink blended background. I also spritzed the background with shimmer spray before I added the sentiment panel.
The snowy scene was created using the ever amazing Card Front Element Builders. It is so easy to add a lot of detail and dimension with just a few cuts!


I can't seem to stop with the long narrow cards, but it worked perfectly to add in all of the details that I was hoping to include. I didn't do this on purpose, but it looks like this little girl gingersnap is being pursued by two suitors bringing all kinds of sweet treats! LOL! I didn't realize it until I was editing my photos! Ha ha! This card was such a delight to make! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: