Sunday, December 16, 2018

Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash Challenge: thanks snow much

Happy Sunday, friends! I hope you've had a great weekend! I was FINALLY able to finish up the last touches of Christmas decorating that had been nagging at me. It's never taken me so long to get Christmas all up! I was super excited that Thanksgiving was so early this year so I could get a head start! LOL! Oh well, ya win some, ya lose some! I just love the magic and coziness of Christmas that I want it to last as long as possible! Anyway, enough rambling from me! This month's Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash theme is Thank You. I've already created a few "Thanks for the gift" designs, but I know I will need more, so I took this opportunity to make another one!
No automatic alt text available.

I like my Christmas thank you cards to still have a holiday/winter vibe, so that is the direction I headed with this design. I haven't gotten my fill of this sweet bunny from the Snow Bunnies stamp set, so I decided to let this sweet pair take center stage. I stamped the image using black ink and then colored it using Copic markers. Once it was all colored, I used the coordinating Snow Bunnies Confetti Cuts to die cut it. I added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the nose and ears of the bunny as well as the mug. I also added a few detail to the bird's hat and bunny's scarf with a white gel pen.

The teal wreath around the bunny was created by heat embossing one of the leaf images from the Fall Foliage using Wow! white puff embossing powder. Once they were all heat set, I die cut them with the Fall Foliage Confetti Cuts and arranged them in a circle using foam squares. This particular image is very easy to create a wreath with because of the curvature of the stem. They are arranged on a Stitched Tag that has been die cut from a piece of the Warm Heart 6 by 6 paper pad. Actually, all of the pattern paper on this design is from that particular paper pad; it is one of my favorites!

The "thanks snow much" sentiment is heat embossed using silver embossing powder and attached to the card lightly using some Tombow adhesive. I knew that I would be running over it with the sewing machine, so I didn't want to have too much adhesive to gum up my needle. I love the added subtle detail that machine stitching can add to a design. I feel like it really adds to this particular card because of all the textural prints that mimic fabric. 

I added some glittery Nuvo drops around the wreath for some added detail. The tag is tied up with silver cord to tie in the embossed sentiment. The sequins have been scattered over the card and secured using liquid glue. I sure hope you get a chance to play along with us this month. With the season of giving comes the need to send thank yous! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Wow! This is absolutely Stunning!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Jeanne!