Saturday, March 2, 2019

Every Good and Perfect Gift is From Above...and you're one of them!


Welcome to this week's Papertrey Ink Saturday Showcase! Thank you so much for all of the love on yesterday's post! I can't wait to reply to all of your sweet comments; you are the best! Today a few of us are sharing some projects using the beautiful Seasonal Borders: Spring stamp set. You can see the other designer's projects HERE and I know you won't be disappointed! Ashley is sharing another one of her fabulous videos as well!

Confession: I used to feel very intimidated by the Seasonal Borders series!  There, I said it! LOL! That being said, I took the time during the holidays last year to watch one of Betsy's videos showing how to use the Seasonal Borders: Winter stamp set and made the process feel doable! I decided to try it out and I was HOOKED!  I ended up making THESE and then couldn't stop and made THESE! Once I knew how easy they are to stamp, and how beautiful the end result is, I wanted to make borders for EVERYTHING! I was thrilled to use the Spring border for today's project! And...once again, I want to make borders for everything! 

I knew straight out of the gate that it would be wise for me to just stamp multiples because they are just so fun...AND, when using a MISTI, it really just makes sense to make a whole bunch! I just seemed to keep going with yesterday's mass production mind set! I ended up making 4 cards; 2 with softer tones, and 2 with the brighter colors. The lighter borders uses ink color in: Spring Moss, Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, Harvest Gold, Bright Buttercup, Lilac Grace, and Winter Wisteria. The brighter borders use Simply Chartreuse, Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, Harvest Gold, Lilac Grace, Winter Wisteria, Raspberry Fizz, and Scarlet Jewel.

Once I had the borders die cut and stamped, I just sat and drooled over them. I love when you start adding in all of the details and the designs spring to life! Anyway, as much as I would have liked to have just stared at them, I needed to do something more! LOL! The thing I love about these borders is that they are so versatile and the possibilities are endless. I considered adding them as an embellishment to the Coverplate Basket Die, which I will still probably do, but since I just used that die, I wanted to keep things fresh. I decided that the sweet little Tiny Town Church needed some landscaping. What do you think? Does it work? I can only imagine stumbling across this sweet little country church all dressed up for spring! The sentiment is from the Phrases and Praises stamp set and works so well with the church! 

I also used the rest of the sentiment, which is optional, on the inside. I am using these as thank you cards {yes, I still need more} and this is an unexpected, but sweet sentiment to use. We had an outpouring of love from the people from our church, so I thought these particular cards would work well as thank you cards for them.

I did some blending on the top of a white 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of cardstock using Aqua Mist ink. I also used the Nesting Basics Pierced Rectangles to give it some extra detail. I created a "hill" using the Round Off Edgers Dies which was a nice backdrop for the church and flowers. I die cut two churches, one with the windows and one without. I did some ink blending on the one without windows using Harvest Gold ink to give the church a welcoming glow. I used liquid glue to adhere them together. The flowers are added to the front using foam squares as well as the church. I added some sparkling clear rhinestones to the flowers for some shine. I think some Sweet Shoppes, some school houses, and some houses need some fresh landscaping as well! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for fluttering by!



19 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Kelly, you are just so inspiring! Love these gorgeous cards! I have all the seasonal borders but haven't used the Spring one yet. I agree with you about Betsy's great tips and also that once you start you just want to keep making more. That's what happened to me when I made the winter border for my Christmas cards (I even have a few left over to use next year :)) After seeing your beautiful borders today, I want to make those, too. Hmmmm, tulips? borders? Oooh, and I really like that you used the Nesting Basics Pierced Rectangles - they give a lovely finished look.

Joyously Noelle said...

Awww such sweetness! What lovely spring cards, I have that boarder in my cart😁 thanks for all your inspiration!

Marcia Hill said...

What a perfect combination of different stamps and dies Kelly...one of the things I LOVE about coming to visit you is that I learn to put different sets together where on my own I tend to just use one set at a time! Thank you for so much beautiful inspiration and your cards are just absolutely lovely!! :0)

blaze said...

Thank you, Kelly, for making me drool all over again!!! The first time I saw your cards and tags made with the winter borders and the buffalo plaid, I just sat and stared at them for a looooooong time! And got so excited because I had just received my product in the mail. I have the spring borders, too, so now I MUST finally get them out and actually DO something with them! You are truly an inspiration to me!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! You have such a great sense of humor, I sit and chuckle and smile and have a good time, reading your blog. And YES- the border works! It's a beautiful walkway or hedge or whatever you imagine, in front of the church. I remember some gorgeous tags you made with the church die awhile back, so it's in my basket. Your card is beautiful and moving. I hope everything is okay with you and your family, you mentioned an outpouring of love, so I hope all is well. My thanks to you for EVERYTHING you give and everything you share. Oh, I LOVE YOUR CARD!!! :)

trudie said...

I love this card! Thanks for sharing!

Kristen Snoozy said...

I sincerely LOVE THIS!! I ordered the church die right after I saw your card. I just couldn't tell what size it was, but apparently it is large enough to create a beautiful card. I can't wait to try it out. Really nice job!

Nancy G said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for your inspiration Kelly!

jan metcalf said...

Your cards are gorgeous Kelly! Who wouldn't delight in receiving one?!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Cynthia!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awwww...thank you, Cindy! You're so sweet! I hope you get a chance to get yours inky! They really are addicting!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! You definitely won't regret getting it!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Marcia! It's something that I've had to develop over time! The joy of a stamp "set" is that it's all there for you; coordinated and ready to stamp, but sometimes it is fun to stretch your supplies! Thank you for stopping by!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank YOU! I'm so glad you liked those winter border cards and tags! They were so much fun to make! I hope you get a chance to get your spring borders inky! They're so much fun!❤❤ thank you for all of your sweet comments!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Stephanie! Sometimes I wonder if I get too silly when I write!😜 I love how versatile the church die is. My MIL passed away unexpectedly on Feb 17th so we've been grieving. Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Trudie!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much, Kristen! You'll have so much fun with the die! I use it for Christmas quite a bit, too!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Nancy!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you very much, Jan! Thanks for stopping by!