Saturday, March 23, 2019

Saturday Showcase {Inflate & Celebrate}

I hope you've all had an enjoyable week! We've had some great weather and some rainy weather, but it's definitely feeling like spring! I'm hoping to get outside and start on the spring yard work! There's something so invigorating about clearing out the flower beds and seeing what surprises are beginning to grow! 
Today a few of us are sharing some projects using the Inflate and Celebrate mini stamp set. I've never used this set before, but it is one that has been on my wish list, so it was fun to get a chance to use it! You can head to the Papertrey Ink Blog to see what the other designers have come up with!



One of the reasons why I fell in love with it, is because of the ability to pair it with the Tasting Tag die and attach a balloon. I love this idea for birthday invitations, birthday cards, and more! The sentiments are just so fun and versatile. Once I decided on making a birthday tag with a balloon attached, the idea to put together a "birthday in a bag" was born! I'll take you step by step along the way to explain all of the details on how to create today's project! 
As I mentioned earlier, this tag was the starting point for the entire project. I die cut the Tasting Tag  and then used the Corner Adorner: January mini stamp set to give it the confetti pattern in the two corners using black ink. the "Celebrate" portion is also from that stamp set, but the "Inflate and Celebrate" stamp set also has a "Celebrate" sentiment. Once the stamping was done, I attached the pink polka dot balloon using True Black Baker's Twine tied in a bow. 

I also added a few sparkling clear sequins for sparkle and shine! Once the tag was done, I set it aside to get started on the rest of the projects for the "birthday in a bag".


 The main ingredients for a successful birthday celebration consist of balloons, candles, cake, and of course ice cream! Since the balloons are taken care of, next on the list is cake! I created a very simple pouch to hold a packet of "Confetti Cake" mug cake. When I saw these at the store a few months ago, I've been trying to find a reason to use them! Well...today is the day!
They have all kinds of different flavors, but I chose to get this kind since it seemed the most "birthday" to me! The packet was created from a piece of pattern paper from the Make It Market Kit: Shakers and Sprinkles and then scored at the bottom in two places to create an easy packet. I punched a hole at the top so that I could attach the tag, which is actually a gift card holder for ice cream!
 I used the Folded Pocket Tag Die to create the gift card holder. I was thrilled that the card itself had a fun picture on the front so it looks great peeking through the window. The sentiment pairs perfectly since I wanted to add a candle to this part of the packaging. It is from the Stylish Sentiments: Birthday. I simply added the candle using a mini glue dot. So...at this point, we've got the cake, candles, AND ice cream!



I had some extra balloons left over, so I decided to make a card to go along with the rest of the festivities! I die cut the tasting tag again, but this time out of Hibiscus Burst cardstock. I used another one of the sentiments from the Stylish Sentiments set along the side.

I tied up a pair of balloons the same way that I did for the tag.

And, of course a few more sequins! The entire tag is layered onto a panel of pattern paper that is from the Shakers and Sprinkles paper pad as well. It is mounted onto a top folding A2 card base.


 I placed the packet inside of a Large Frosted Tin tie Bag and tied it up using some Hawaiian Shores Saddle Stitch Ribbon with the tag attached. I like that you get a hint of what is inside the bag! These would be a lot of fun to give to teachers, friends, and more on their special day! I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Thanks for fluttering by!


15 comments:

Charlene said...

Simply adorable...I'm so CASing this idea.

Cindy H. said...

Adorable projects, and I, too, will be CASEing your clever ideas!

Nancy G said...

Kelly this is incredible, your amazing!!! You have awesome ideas!!

Marcia Hill said...

What a fantastic idea Kelly!! I've seen those cakes in a mug at the store too, but never thought to make it into a "birthday in a bag"...LOVE this idea! Thanks for all the fantastic inspiration!! :0)

Julia Aston said...

I have this fun Inflate and celebrate set and I'm happy to see new ideas for using it - the single serving cake in the holder is PERFECT!! I keep them in my cupboard for a little treat and they are so fun! A great post Kelly!

Kathy Mc said...

You are amazing, Kelly, and so creative! Love the idea of Birthday in a bag and how you created it. This post is one of my favorites! Have an awesome weekend!

Patt H. said...

Adorable Idea, Kelly! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Charlene!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Cindy!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Nancy!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Marcia!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Julia!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much! I appreciate you stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Patt!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly ! If you told someone,” I betcha I can give you a birthday card, birthday cake, candles, balloons and ice cream all in a “ lunch “ bag”, I wonder if they’d say “Betcha Not!”. :) I’m seriously in love with everything you create, but this one takes the cake! Lol. If you ever consider going into business or posting on Etsy, these would be a sell out! You give us SO much inspiration and it’s SO much fun at the same time. Thank you for sharing, not just your beautiful creations but how you create them too. You are ALWAYS AMAZING!