Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Countdown to Confetti Day 2



Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Countdown to Confetti! What was your favorite thing that was showcased yesterday? Today you'll probably be adding a few more favorites to your list as we start things off with a fun new set called "Spring Pals"! It is so cute! One of the reasons why I like it so much is that is has all the fun and charm of an Easter set, but the sentiments are for many other occasions when you want to send a springtime card. I chose to make a thank you card and tag for my "carrot". Also, this is a LONG post, but we are showcasing two new sets today, so scroll all the way down to see the second set. Also, don't forget to stop by the other designer's blogs to see how they have used today's new products. And..I totally forgot to mention the prizes up for grabs yesterday! Reverse Confetti will be giving away a $15 dollar gift certificate to one blog commenter and to one Facebook commenter, so let's give the designers some love and be entered to win!

Isn't this sheep adorable? I'm just loving how easy he is to color, too! wink wink! I couldn't wait to get him inky and pair it with this punny sentiment! To begin, I die cut the Stitched Hex Tag twice; once out of green paper, but just enough to make grass, and once out of white. I did some ink blending at the top to mimic sky. I also added some flecks of ink mixed with water to give it some extra detail. I used bot the "thanks" and "hello" from the hello and thanks word duo Confetti Cuts for this project. They are so much fun and I love the fonts!




The frame is cut using the new Stitched Note and Frames Confetti Cut. I layered it over the top of some of the new Darling Dots pattern paper. I just love polka dots for spring and these ones are just so cute!



The images are die cut using the coordinating "Spring Pals" Confetti Cuts. It was so much fun to create this little scene against the hex tag. I tied it up with some twine for added texture.

I love using icing piping bags to make carrot treats for spring. I filled it with Cadbury mini eggs because they are delicious and the colors are fabulous as well! I tied it up with a big green bow to mimic the top of a carrot.

I used the same steps for this tag as I did for the card, but didn't add ink splatters.

The "just for you" sentiment is from the Word Up set that was showcased yesterday.


For my final project of the day, I am using a few fun new products! First up is another one of the word duos; Mom and Dad. I die cut the dad piece twice and glued it together using liquid glue. I also heat embossed the "I just can't say it enough" sentiment in white onto a strip of matching cardstock. This is also from the "Word Up" set that I can't seem to get enough of.


The idea behind this card is one that is very common,but fun for Father's Day or for a Dad's birthday. I'm sure you've seen the cards where the outside is a shirt and then the inside is the superhero outfit. That is the idea I was going for, so hopefully that translates here. I used a piece of pattern paper from the Paper Bliss 6 by 6 paper pad to create the shirt. I felt like it looked like a fun shirt print. This is an offset gatefold card where the right hand portion is larger than the left. I sewed along a strip of the pattern paper on both sides so that I could add the buttons and have it look realistic. The pocket is die cut using the Tie-rific Confetti Cut and added to the card using foam squares.

This view gives you a little peek inside the shirt to the superhero portion. The inside uses a super cute new set called So Super. 




When you open it up it says "You're my Hero" which continues along with the sentiment from the front. 





The images are colored using copic markers and then attached to the tag using foam squares. The skyline is die cut as well and the sentiment strip is attached. A few sparkling clear sequins finish off this fun design! Thanks for fluttering by!

16 comments:

Silvia Galloni said...

All this tag and cards are so darn cute...I love them!

~amy~ said...

Love everything and your Dad card is absolutely genius.

Sue D said...

Cute Spring tag and card and love the Super Dad card.

Kelsey Thomas said...

Your card and tag are so cute! :)

Debbie said...

Your Super Dad card is so very clever. Love the idea of using the pastry bags as a carrot... adorable! I'm definitely going to put that one to use.

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

WOW! All your cards are darling. I love all the critters and super hero's. And your "dad" card is amazing! Just a wonderful new release! Thanks for the inspiration!

Dinorah said...

Oh my gosh, this release is just the best! I'm loving all the Easter stamps and your card and treat project are super adorable!

Denise Bryant said...

Wonderful projects!I'm in love with the Spring Pals set!

sharon g said...

Your spring themed card is really cute. I love this set.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the use of the tags in the cards.
The father's day card is fantastic.
Very masculine and fun.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow!! These are all beautiful!

sharrilou said...

Bunnies and sheep! Oh, my!

Carmela said...

Amazing projects, Kelly! I love the design of your card with the sheep. The Father's Day box and card are really cool!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!! I love the tag, the little bunny carrot treat! AHHHH SO FUN!

Jean said...

Such pretty cards and projects! Love how you showcased this release!

jan metcalf said...

Nice concept! Love the outside shirt design!!