Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Thank You {for the gift}

 I finally finished up the last of the 25 days of tags on Sunday and Monday. During the process, I got a little side tracked {and carried away} with the fabulous Seasonal Borders: Winter stamp set. I was using it for one of my tags and since I was lining everything up in my MISTI, I just couldn't help making multiples of these borders. I also die cut  some of the individual pieces and the bow to create additional clusters below each sentiment. I was also using the Painted Poinsettia stamp set for my tags and I LOVE the sentiments included in this set, so I used them for today's thank you cards. I made another set that I shared on Sunday that you can see HERE
 It is so fun to watch these borders come to life as each step is added into the design. I have some additional ideas that I want to implement using this stamp for some Christmas cards, so stay tuned! 

 To begin each card, I started with the stamped borders and the single images that I  used to create the clusters below the sentiment. Once I had all of those stamped, I got to work with the rest of the pieces. I used the Woodgrain Impression plate to add some texture to the pink portion of each card.  Then I stamped the "thank you" and "for the gift" onto a strip of white cardstock using black ink. I dropped the "y" from the "thank you" stamp into the space between "for" and "the" to give the sentiment a sense that it was one stamp, rather than two sentiments stamped separately. I do like that they are two separate stamps for versatility, though! I hope that makes sense! LOL!

On this blue card, I created my own background by using the Buffalo Plaid background from Taylored Expressions. I created three cards in total and for the other two, I used the Chicken Scratch pattern paper pack for the backgrounds. I don't think I can decide which one is my favorite!
This one uses the Berry Sorbet Chicken Scratch paper and I love this one, too! I used a lot of foam squares to give the borders and clusters a lot of dimension. Once I put the cards together I spritzed them with Shimmer Spray, which you can't see in the photo, but in real life is looks absolutely gorgeous!





To finish off this trio of cards, I added some sparkling gems from Studio Katia to the centers of each of the snowflakes for some added sparkle! Thanks for fluttering by!

6 comments:

Cindy H. said...

I love your gorgeous cards!

Peggy said...

Love the color combination on this card. It is truly beautiful!

Christmas Tree Images Clip Art said...

Beautiful card and photos.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Peggy! I appreciate you stopping by and your sweet comment! It really means a lot!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks, Cindy! You're always so sweet!

Kristenlbeck said...

These are so sophisticated and B E A U T I F U L to say the least. I see your creations on Pinterest frequently and you have only gotten better and better over the years. Thanks for showing how you create step by step. It truly helps people like myself.
God Bless and Happy New Year 2021