Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Countdown to Confetti Day 1-Just a note to say...Hello!

It's that time again...time for the Countdown to Confetti!  Who's excited? I hope you all are because there are some really fun new products being released this month! To start things off, the team is showcasing some awesome stamp sets, dies, and of course, paper! You'll want to make sure to head to the rest of the designer's blogs to see the creative ways they have used these new products!
Fetti Friends:
Dana Kirby
Natasha Valkovskaya

This card features the new stamp set called "Hatbox Florals" and is the perfect set for Moms, friends, and more! There are a ton of awesome sentiments for Mother's Day, but it definitely stretches beyond that. I decided to make a "hello" card and not even use the Mom sentiments. Instead, I used another fabulous new set, called "Word Up". It has every type of sentiment that you could possibly need. I especially love it paired with this new "hello" die that is part of the new word duo confetti Cuts. This particular duo is has "hello and thanks".  I've used quite a few of the new word duo Confetti Cuts this week, so stay tuned for more examples.




To begin my design, I stamped all of the line art images using black ink and colored them using Copic markers. I used the coordinating "Hatbox Florals Confetti Cuts" to die cut them. I set them aside so that I cold work on the rest of the card elements. I die cut the "hello" 4 times and glued them together using liquid glue. The "just a note to say" sentiment is heat embossed in white.



I created the frame by using the new Stitched Rectangle frames. This is the smaller of the frames, but I have used the larger ones in other examples this week. Can we just talk about the pattern paper? It is so much fun! It is called "Darling Dots" and is so perfect for Springtime crafting! I thought it paired nicely with these fun florals. 



I layered everything up onto a white panel that is die cutting using the Diagonal Stitches Coverplate. I just love the detail that it adds to my designs! I added a few sparkling clear rhinestones for sparkle. I hope you've enjoyed today's sneak peeks and join me again tomorrow for Day 2 of the countdown to confetti! Thanks for fluttering by!


20 comments:

Silvia Galloni said...

Just beautiful.

~amy~ said...

super pretty kelly!

Kelsey Thomas said...

Beautiful card! :) Love how you colored your flowers.

jan metcalf said...

Excited about the new confetti release for March!

DJ said...

I love the colors you've chosen for the flowers. Such a lovely card. TFS!

Jennifer said...

So pretty! What a great combo of the new products

sharon g said...

The purples and blues look wonderful together

Dinorah said...

This March release looks like it is going to be so much fun! I love all the flower stamps! I also love the stitched cover plates. I love to make white on white cards but with this stitched cover plate, my cards will look even more classy and beautiful!

Julie said...

This is gorgeous! I’m in love with the color combination!

Debbie said...

Ooh, so pretty, Kelly. The Hatbox Florals looks like such a beautiful stamp set.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the layering. The colors are
so pretty. Wonderful card.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love your card design and the way you colored the flowers! STUNNING!!!

Unknown said...

I love the new dies. Thanks for the ideas.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty colors and the design.

Sue D said...

So pretty with the flowers and I like the framing.

Helen said...

Your die cut layering on this card is so lovely, especially with the colors you've used. tfs

Carmela said...

Such a pretty combination of colors! Loving the flower stamps.

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Such a soft and pretty card. I love the new products. Just wonderful for spring projects.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh This is so sweet!!! LOVE!

Denise Bryant said...

So pretty! Love those beautiful flowers!