Thursday, July 23, 2009

Turning 6


My baby turned six yesterday. I can't even believe how the years fly by. Between making her cake, wrapping presents, etc. I made her a card. She is my best stamping supporter. She is always amazed at all of my creations and says "I can't believe you made that, Mom! It is beautiful!". She is my ego boost, I guess! LOL!

I decided to use some hoarded My Mind's eye paper that I thought would be perfect for her. I used a simple layout and simple stamping but wanted to add some sparkle. What girl doesn't like a little sparkle, right? I painted the chipboard letters using Making Memories paint and while it was wet I sprinkled on the glitter. I added them to the card with mini glue dots. I was happy to use my "Eastern Blooms" stamp set that has sat uninked since last years convention. I thought the flowers looked similar to a few on the paper, but those ended up getting covered up with the layers and embellishments.

I did some sewing, which ended up being seriously wonky, but she will never care or notice. I tied a big pink bow to pull it all together. She really liked it and the best part is that she displays all of the cards I make her on her bench in her room. She treats them like prized posessions. It is so sweet!

I took some photos of her about a month ago. The top one is a pose that I would prefer. The one on the bottom is similar to the poses that I get most of the time. She always wants to do some crazy hand motions and face gestures. I thought this one worked well for her being six, since her fingers look like a six!!!!


She is such a sweetie and we love her so much!!!
My husband needs me to come help him put together her new trampoline that we got her for her birthday so I better run! Thanks for fluttering by!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

What really sweet pictures!!

Elaine M said...

A beautiful card for a beautiful young lady. Happy Birthday Emma
Elaine Moore
mtn.moven.faith@comcast.net

Betty Benton said...

What a precious little one! Tell her happy birthday for me!! My grandson is 5 1/2 and I also have to (try to) convince him not "pose" so hard!

Tanya said...

How fun!!! The card is great! Kids really are the best at boosting your ego! :) She is adorable and I love that your kid poses weird too...haha!

Patti J. said...

What a beautiful little girl your Emma is! Seems like just yesterday that ours were 6! Love your card - what GROWN up can resist sparkles??? lol!!! Happy Birthday sweet Emma!

Steph said...

Happy 6th Birthday to your daughter! I love that bottom pose...so cute! Your card is lovely too Kelly, nice one :):) Hope you are feeling ok.

Betty Wright said...

Kelly, the card is fantastic and your dd is super adorable!!! Such a sweet age, too!!! Yes, those babies do grow up way too fast!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous, and your girl is so CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

What a precious little girl! I love the simplicity of the card. I know she will be thrilled with it.
Happy Birthday little Princess.

jen said...

That's a beautiful card for your sweet daughter!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Pretty card for a pretty girl! The bottom pic is way too cute and you're right-I love the "6" with the fingers! Blessings, Sharon

Lisa Kind said...

What a cutie! Love the flowers in her hair! Oh, great card btw too!

The Other Patti Sue said...

She is absolutely adorable and so is her BD card!

Connie M. said...

Oh my goodness, Kelly!! Your card is so very cute, but your daughter is just sooo beautiful! I am sure she loved her card, and had a great day!

Vicki said...

What lovely pictures! She is a doll! Hope the day was the happiest yet!

Steph said...

Such a cute little girl! And a great card for her. Love the colours x

Amy Rohl said...

Happy Birthday, Emma--you little sweet thing! I seriously love that bottom pose--she's growin' up, Kelly, and looks like she's going to give you a run for your money! What a great helper she will be in a few months!

Love the sweetness and love in Emma's birthday card, and the sparkle-y chipboard says it all! You know I love wonky stitching--bravo! Ü

Hugs to you--hope all is well!

Debra said...

What an adorable girl! Hope she had a great birthday. She's got great taste in cards already doesn't she? :)

Cynthia said...

I can't believe she is six! Love those flowers in her hair and the colors and patterns in the quilt background are just dreamy!!! Love the card too! You are such a good mom! She is adorable but also very blessed!

Cindy Major said...

Ah, yeah, that neglected Eastern Blooms set... Mine has been pulled out a few times, but not that much either.

So I see you went to convention last summer. Are you attending again this year?

Cindy

Brooke S said...

ADORABLE little Girlie!

Leslie Miller said...

This is sweet and perfect for your 6 yr old, who looks even sweeter than the card! A sweet little rascal!