Saturday, July 4, 2009

Flutter By Butterfly SFYTT

It is that time again; time for another one of Jen's amazing sketch challenges. I thought I would incorporate one of the new In-Colors in my design today. I really wanted to use the new blue, but the inkpad didn't come with my shipment ( I guess it has quality issues?), but I decided to just use Melon Mambo and some of the original colors as well. My color combo is Melon Mambo, So Saffron and Certainly Celery. I think it is so fun and summery.



I ran the Melon layer through my cuttlebug using the swiss dot embossing folder. I then picked a few retired prints pattern papers and matted them onto white. Once that was done, I stamped my butterflies twice; once onto a scrap piece and once onto my focal piece. I trimmed the three out and then attached them with crystal effects. I used a couple of celery buttons threaded with paper and then attached with glue dots.




The sentiment layer kindof strayed from the original sketch, but I liked it so I went with it. I added a strip of So Saffron scallops to the bottom. Once I was done, I realized that I hadn't added any ribbon and tried a few different options, but in the end left it bare. I had fun with this sketch. I really am amazed week after week at the sketches Jen comes up with. I hope you all get a chance to play this week!

You won't want to miss the other SFYTT designers. Amy S won't be playing this week! Boohoo! We will miss her!
Jen Del Muro and New July Guest Designer
Amy Rohl
Carole Burrage
Susan Liles
Thanks for fluttering by! Have a safe and fun Holiday!!!!!

16 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

So summery, so sweet, and the mix of dsp and embossing is just perfect! I need to mix some of the new colors with the "other" colors--what a great color combo here, Kelly!

Have a great weekend Ü

Diane said...

Great caaard and use of color. A great summer card.

Kathleen said...

Love this layout today---I'm definitely going to need to do this one---your color combo is great, too!

bakerbabe said...

I love this card. Soooooo pretty.

Julie

Regina Mangum said...

Hi Kelly! This is so adorable. I love the 3-D butterflies.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the colors!!

Anonymous said...

And think how much easier this card will be to do with the new butterfly punch - can't wait to get mine and then I'll be CASING this one asap! VERY nice!!

Judy Rozema said...

What fabulous colors, Kelly!! Such a fun summery card!

Jen Tapler said...

Beautiful as always Kelly! And I LOVE this color combo!! Bookmarking it so I can use it soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this colour combo is definitely summery! Love them together! Adorable butterfly card, Kelly!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

So, so fresh and fun, Kelly! That color combo makes my mouth water!!!

Tanya said...

This is so pretty! I love your butterflies!

Deborah Saaranen said...

So very fresh and pretty Kelly! I love the crisp, clean lines!

Leslie Miller said...

Great sketch and a cute, cute card! I love those polka dot butterflies. Pretty colors, too!

Melissa said...

So darn cute!

Many Blessings,
M.

ChristineCreations said...

So awesome and fresh looking Kelly! What a great sketch card!