Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pretty Petal Pocket Preview

Try saying that ten times fast! LOL!


First of all, I just want to thank *all* of you who left me such kind, sweet and encouraging comments. You really made my day and I cried as I read how many of you have experienced losses. Thank you for sharing with me! It really means a lot!

I switched from babies to brides for this project. This is the second template from Papertrey Ink that will be released on the 15th. It is so much fun! It is called "Pretty Petal Pocket".When I first saw it, of course it looked like a flower. I then kept looking at it and realized that it looked a lot like an upside down umbrella. Of course I can use any excuse to use Dawn's "Scattered Showers", but I really did think it was perfect! LOL!
For some reason, the colors I chose to use for this project said *Bridal* to me, so I went with it. I did alot of layering on this project. I layered the center panel on the pocke itself. I then created more layers and dimension using my oval and scallop oval nestibilites. Once that was done, I thought I should layer the umberella as well, so it was stamped twice, cut and layered. Of course every bride needs a little bling, so I carefully added some diamond stickles to the center of the flowers on the umbrella, the *O* on shower, and evenly spaced some dots on the handles.


I tied two small, satin bows and adhered them at each handle using glue dots. Once that was done, I added some Aqua Mist Vintage Buttons to the center of each bow. I really wanted to add something else, but as I sat looking at it, I decided to be done!

These would make cute bridal shower favors or even to tuck a small gift or gift card in. You will want to head over to Lauren's Blog to see some more samples using this adorable template!!!!

Thanks for fluttering by!

Supplies
Stamps: Scattered Showers
Ink: Fresh Snow, Ocean Tides, Smokey Shadow
Paper: Bitty Dots Pattern Paper (ocean tides), Smokey Shadow cardstock, White
Accessories: Fresh Snow Satin Ribbon, Aqua Mist Vintage Buttons, Oval and Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, foam squares, glue dots, Pretty Petal Pocket My Timeless Template

16 comments:

Mel Hopes said...

It does look an upside down umbrella! How cute it is and what a fun way to decorate for a shower.

Love your stuff!!!

M

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful!! Perfect for a shower!

Yvette said...

So cute! I agree with Mel and Jackie, it's perfect for a shower!

Maren said...

How amazing this project was! Wow, this was amazing!

Also - I'm so sorry to hear about the hardship you have been through, and so thrilled to hear that your dream is coming true with a third child on the way!

Have a wonderful sunday!

Anonymous said...

Oh Congratulations on your good news. It is very difficult to lose a child but what you went through is like a mini miracle or maybe a series of mini miracles to get from a to b to c and maybe the new baby will wrap all the previous love into the current love and heal the losses. Good luck Kel.

Paula Barin said...

Fabulous project. I love the DP.

Dawn Easton said...

This is fabulous, Kelly! I am in love with the colour too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is just too cute!! Love it!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

So fresh and pretty Kelly! I love your paper/color choices here--just adorable!

Helen F. said...

Such a sweet project ~ love the colors and the umbrella is a perfect touch.

Tanya said...

So pretty! I love the button/bows on teh sides.

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

Wow, how cute did that turn out?? Great job!

Chriss Blagrave said...

I just knew you would creat something sweet and spectacular!
Congrats again on your very special news.

Connie M. said...

Oh my, kelly! Is this AMAZING or what! What a wonderful project! Perfect for a wedding shower!!

Andrea Walford said...

SO SWEET! Great colours and what a pretty impact!

Unknown said...

stunning! I wore this color for my sister's wedding back in 1992! :) but it was paired with peach, not black -- ha ha -- soooooo late 80's early 90's style ;) Have a super day!