Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tea for Two SFYTT

Yesterday was a holiday here in Utah. It was fun to be with the kids and our family. We went and saw "G-Force" which I was doubting that I would like, but went for the kids. It ended up being a fun show and it was nice to escape the heat of the day. We also did some fireworks which the kids always love. The new trampoline is a big hit, so the kids have been exhausting themselves jumping all day!

Since I spent the day with the family, I tried to wake up early to get this week's Sketch for You to Try card done. I am in love with this sketch. I know I say it every week, but they are always so much fun and I hope that you will all get a chance to play. If you do, please leave me a comment with a link to your blog so that I can check it out! It is always so fun to see other people's interpretation of the sketch.

I decided to use some Papertrey goodness on this card. Everything is Papertrey Ink, except for the distress ink, prismacolor marker and linen thread. I started off by choosing my stamps and colors. Of course I had to use the Green Tea Leaves pattern paper to coordinate with the Tea For Two stamp set. I also stamped the tea pot image using the 2008 Bitty Dot Basics pattern paper for some interest. I didn't want the tea pot to look flat, so I stamped the outline image once onto the focal piece and then again using the pattern paper. I shadowed it using my Wheat prismacolor marker for depth. Once I was done, I was wishing that the tea pot was a smidgy bit higher, but it was done and I was done! LOL! I may experiment with a few options to *fill* the space.

I added a little bit of machine stitching, which was done with a shorter stitch length than usual. I find that when I am sewing around smaller pieces of paper a shorter stitch length looks nicer. I finished the card off with some Smokey green stripes ribbon from the Ribbon Couture collection. I thought it was the perfect finishing touch.

You won't want to miss the other SFYTT designers.
Jen Del Muro and Regina
Amy Rohl
Carole Burrage
Susan Liles and Amy Sheffer

I hope you all get a chance to play along this week!
Thanks for fluttering by!!!

16 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

Gorgeous PTI goodness here, Kelly! Love that ribbon and your button corner!

Amy Sheffer said...

Gasp!!! I think that's my favorite PTI set ever! In your hands, magic happens!!! Awesome job on this, Kelly!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I have this set on the way and I LOVE it. I can't wait to get my hands on it. This is a very lovely card! Makes me more anxious for the set to get here. You always do such a beautiful job with your cards. I look forward to each blog post you do.
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com.

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous on so many levels!!! Beautifully done, Kelly!!!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

wow,kelly, i love love love it! i really liked the sketch this week as well and i think i'll be using it again! our girls love having a trampoline too. it's greatness! i even convinced our 5 yr. old that i saw a squirrel jumping on it once!! i know--random.

Arlana 11426 said...

Kelly this is so pretty. Love the colors you used. Yesterday holday was fun to bad I didnt see any firedforks. hope your kids have fun on the new trampoline . just be careful as my daughter broke her lag years ago by jumping and play with a friend and a ball on the trampoline. She was in a cast using a wheel chair her whole summer vacation.

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Kelly! Glad you were able to spend time with the kids! Chloe wants to go see that movie too...maybe one evening this week!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Maureen said...

Oh, I love this!! I just got my green leaves dp and had to use it! It's wonderful, isn't it? Your card was great inspiration. I've just started a new blog and here's what I did :)

http://buttonsandbling.blogspot.com/2009/07/almost-jens-sketch-for-you-to-try-and.html

Lisa Brown said...

So very pretty, Kelly! Love the colors!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is stunning!!

ChristineCreations said...

The delicate patterns with the teapot are just fabulous Kelly! What a beautifully crafted card!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!! I am in LOVE!

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love that pretty DP!
The sketch really was great, I loved what I made too! :)

Paula Barin said...

What a gorgeous card. I absolutely love the DP.

Eve said...

This is lovely! I love the colors together!

SueB said...

gorgeous card - TFS! the stamp set's definitely on my wish list!