Friday, July 17, 2009

Friends

I am a little behind, but I decided to check out this week's Sketch Challenge on SCS. I have been wanting to use this pattern paper from "Little Yellow Bicycle", so I started using that. Once I had the base done, I was at a loss for which stamps to use. I rummaged through my stamps and settled on "Boho Backgrounds" which is one of those sets that sits untouched. I thought the medallion image looked nice with the circles on the paper and it was fun to create all of the different colored layers. I stamped the medallion once onto the focal piece using Crushed Curry ink, I then stamped it again onto a piece of scrap paper using Certainly Celery. I punched that out using the 1 1/4 inch circle punch and used dimensionals to attach it to the focal piece. I stamped it again using Lavendar Lace, but before I added it to the card, I used a styled silver brad for the center. Once that was done, I stamped the friends sentiment from "Friends 24-7" using Basic Gray ink. I thought the celery panel looked a little naked, so before I adhered the focal piece, I used the circle background from boho backgrounds to give it a little pop. It was just the right thing. I added a little paper clip and knotted some ribbon for the finishing touch.

By the time I was done making the card and photographing it, I was seriously nauseated, so it took me until this morning to get it uploaded. I really think this baby is sucking all of the creativity from me! LOL! I will be back tomorrow with another one of Jen's "Sketch for You to Try" cards.










I have taken the week off from stamping as you can see. My kids start school on Monday, so I have been hanging out with them. I will be back on a regular schedule once Monday rolls around.

I want to thank all of you again for all of your sweet comments in regards to the baby! How lucky I am to have such great friends that I don't even know! You really are the best! Thanks for fluttering by!

8 comments:

Maureen said...

What a beautiful card! And, I know it's a bit late, but I just got back from vacation, congratulations on the big, little one news! How exciting, what a blessing...I love the widget on your blog with what the baby looks like at that many days...so cute, babies are such a miracle...all the best to you and your family during this exciting time :)

Jackie Pedro said...

You might feel like the baby is sucking the creativity out of you , but it certainly doesn't look like it! This is wonderful! I lOVE the dp!!

Cynthia said...

Such a cute card with great colors. I esp. like what you did with the medallion. We can always count on you to use those stampin' dimensionals! Love the paper too! If only I could be so "uncreative" as you are feeling. It must be the hormones (?) because you still have the "IT" factor, Kelly!!!

Connie M. said...

So very pretty, Kelly!! Love the mix of papers you used!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous Kelly!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Those are some amazing colors you used for this card, Kelly! Wonderful job .... as always!

Dawn Easton said...

This is beautiful, Kelly! That is one stamp set I've never been able to do anything with and think I may have actually given it away....lol
You have done wonders with it and all that great layering!

Norine said...

what a fun & happy card love it
Hugs
Norine