Saturday, July 18, 2009

Queen for the Day* SFYTT*

I was in the mood for a vintage design today and this week's "Sketch for you to try" was the perfect fit. I had to make one minor adjustment on my card which varies from the sketch because of technical issues, but all in all, it is close! LOL! I hope you are all able to take time to try out Jen's sketches. She always does such a great job!





I absolutely love using my rubber stamps from TJ Designs for many of my vintage creations. I haven't used this white rabbit image from the Alice in Wonderland stamp set for a while and he was just the perfect size for this week's sketch. I colored him using copic and prismacolor makers. There really isn't much coloring since, after all, he is a white rabbit. I did use some different neutrals to give it some shadow and of course red for the hearts and pink for the bow.


I fear that every time I see a circle on a sketch challenge, I immediatly want to make an accordion flower. I tried to resist today, but couldn't! LOL! I also wanted to give everything a dusting of glitter, but limited myself to just the outside. I had so much fun with this sketch.
I really am getting my energy back. You should have seen me in action yesterday. I did more in one day than I think I have done in the last month! LOL! I even tried two new recipes for dinner! Yay for me!

You won't want to miss the other SFYTT designers.
Jen Del Muro and Regina
Amy Rohl
Carole Burrage
Susan Liles and Amy Sheffer (Amy won't be playing this week, but she always has amazing stuff on her blog, so it is worth the visit!)

I hope you all get a chance to play along this week! Thanks for fluttering by!!!

11 comments:

Eva said...

Kelly, this is amazingly gorgeous!!!! Love that stamp and your little pleated flower, stunning!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Your card is stunning! That flower and the whole LO is awesome!! :)

carole (TruCarMa) said...

I just LOVE that image so much, Kelly! And with the new Alice in Wonderland film coming out, well, it's going to be hipper than ever! Definitely going to have to try one of your pleated flowers soon!

Dawn Easton said...

I love when you make those flowers! Your vintage cards are always beautiful!

Tanya said...

Love this card!!! I love your Alice in Wonderland images and your accordion flowers and so cool!
Glad to hear you're diong better!

Jane Wetzel said...

WOW..I totally LOVE this!

Amy Rohl said...

Shabby, vintage delicious-ness, Kelly! I love your glittered edges, the coloring and of course, the accordian medallion!

Cynthia M said...

Just love, love your vintage cards and those accordian flowers. The DP on this card is divine. Love how you pulled all those great details together! Gorgeous!!

papertrails leaver said...

this is an amazing card with that image! Like the paper folding you did too!

Karen said...

This is oh so chic boutique, if you know what I mean!! I really love it! And I'm thrilled that you use a combo of Prismacolor & Copics to color!! I know it shouldn't be much, but as a gal who has not jumped on the Copic wagon (not because I don't want a few...or more....but, there are so many fabulous images and products out there and a finite budget, that I have to use what I've got and spread the love around...ya know?! :>) yet, its nice to see love shared with other coloring brands and/or mediums! :> Fabulous creation you've offered today! :>

Justine said...

WOW, I always find so much inspiration from paying you a visit. Thanks