Thursday, February 4, 2021

Simple Valentine's Day Packaging

Please tell me I'm not the only one who comes home from the craft store with more than what was on their list? ha ha! This is one of those projects that resulted from getting carried away on the paper aisle! That being said, I DID need to get some packaging made for some "Galentines" that I want to give out to a few friends! Did I already have what I needed at home? You betcha! Did I fall in love with this rose paper and it just NEEDED to come home with me? YES! 

I decided to use the rose paper (and the accent paper for the backing) to create some sewn paper pockets to fill up with some Valentine's Day sweets and gifts! It's no secret that I love making these sewn pockets as I have shared a few different variations over the years. I needed something quick and simple, so I just cut the paper to the size I needed, with the backing piece a little bit larger so the pattern would  peek up a bit.

Please note....I usually use thicker pattern paper, so these did bend at the top (grrr) when I was wrapping the ribbon around them, but I did my best to keep it smooth. I would recommend using a heavier weight pattern paper for this project, though. See what happens when you get carried away on the paper aisle???? ha ha!

I also happened to find myself on the embellishment aisle (not sure how that happened ;)) so I picked up a package of Tim Holtz tags and some Prima flowers to accent my vintage-esque packaging!

I used the no-longer-available "With All My Heart" stamp set from Papertrey Ink, which happens to be one of my favorites! I chose inks to match the pattern papers. There was one paper that was black, rather than blue, with the roses, so I grabbed that one. I just chose to make some of the tags with a black background heart and omit any blue.

I love the printed vintage tags that really helped gussy up the tags without needing too much embellishing for these quick tags! I DID have to laugh when I pulled out some of the tags and they read "Unclaimed and rejected baggage" and "Condemned" LOL! I was seriously dying! I guess I save some of those for Halloween projects! ha ha! I guess it helps to look closely at the back of the package where it shows what each of the tags say!



I decided to snap a quick picture of what I ended up putting inside of the sewn pockets. These are the "Utah Truffles" that I'm always talking about. They are delicious and gluten free, which is always nice! They come in an assortment of flavors and I love picking out different ones that fit the season or occasion! In this case, the Raspberry Truffle won! It really doesn't matter what combination of gifts you put in your pockets, just cut your paper to accommodate the gifts.

Once the tags and pockets were made, I got to work filling the bags and wrapping them up with pretty ribbons! I picked out a few the same day I bought the paper to make sure that it would match. I ran through a good portion of my ribbon stash at Christmastime, so I've slowly been building it back up!

This ribbon ended up being my favorite because of the material and how it went through the holes of the tags easily, but fell so pretty after it was tied! The perfect vintage touch!


I bought this ribbon on Amazon right before Christmas and I love that it works for so many holidays!

This ribbon is also one of my favorites and I have used it quite a bit for autumn and teacher projects!

Here are a few of them all together! I made 6 in total so this is just a little sampling, but you definitely got the gist! I had so much fun putting these together! Thanks for fluttering by!


 

14 comments:

Pam said...

These "galentine" gift packages are gorgeous. You don't have any problems with using paper for the gift bags?

Also, I'd love to see pictures of your craft room. Would you consider sharing?

Cindy Otto3 said...

What lucky friends, you have! Darling idea!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Pam! Because they're stitched with a sewing machine, the seams are very sturdy!❤ My craft room is not anything special; in fact, it's just the back half of the basement family room!😂 I did have my old craft area photographed by Stampin' Up! before we moved, which was fun. That being said, I wouldn't mind sharing some photos because that might inspire me to tidy up!🙈😂🙈😂

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Cindy!❤❤❤

Becky Green said...

HOW VERY PRETTY, Kelly! I JUST told my husband, AFTER reading your post, I want to go to the Craft Store! LOL You've made my hungry for Embellies & tags! LOL LOVE EVERYTHING you've created today! (I'll have to see if I have that set by PTI. WISH they wouldn't retire so many of their sets!) I ALSO LOVE the wider ribbons; I usually go for the narrow ribbons, but the wider is SO LUXURIOUS & BEAUTIFUL on gifts! I'll have to start collecting some of it too! I LOVE your gift ideas!!!! You have LUCKY FRIENDS TOO!!! LOL ;)<3

Kelly Lunceford said...

Lol! The craft store is calling!😂😂😂 Thank you so much! You're always so sweet!❤❤❤

Ruthie A said...

These are really pretty! I love that greenish colored ribbon,Gorgeous! May I ask what the cute little US postal service container is for and where ever did you get it? So cute!

Birgit said...

These are lovely! I love the deep blue paper with the roses. The colors are beautiful and vivid and oh, so girly. Your little paper sacks are a darling gift idea that any gal would love to receive. I've not seen "Utah Truffles" here on the east coast but you can bet that I'll be looking for them. I love raspberry chocolate!! Your gift packaging posts always inspire me and I think as crafters, we can all relate to coming home with more than what we went shopping for. Guilty! ;0)

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! It's a postage stamp dispenser for a roll of stamps. I picked it up at my local Post Office a few years ago when I did a post on "Postage Stamp Inspired Love Cards" to use as a photo prop. It's since become one of my favorites to add to my photo staging for certain cards. I did notice that they still had some when I was at the Post Office last time I went.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Birgit! You're so sweet! Have a fabulous day!

Stephanie Clapper said...

It’s been awhile since I’ve been down a paper isle, but no you’re not alone! Kelly, your packages are so Pretty!! I just have one question? How do I get on your recipient list? Lol. You make the prettiest pkgs and I know you’ll make someone’s day for sure!! P.S. you are the inspiration for the card I’m making. Thank you for blessing us with your beautiful creations, for sharing and inspiring us all. 😊💖






Kelly Lunceford said...

You're so sweet, Stephanie! I appreciate your sweet comments! ❤❤❤

Marcia Hill said...

These are SOOOOOO pretty Kelly and your friends are going to LOVE the packaging as much as the sweet inside gifts!! I have so much dsp that I HAD to have, and I really should try making some of the holders to use some of it up, rather than hoarding it for a lifetime! Thank you for such beautiful inspiration...a lovely, lovely post!! Hugs. :0)

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Marcia! You're so sweet!❤