Monday, November 2, 2020

Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale {Winter Warmth}

Happy Monday and happy November! October felt like it just flew by! Welcome to this week's Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale post! Each week I pick a stamp set that was released last year at this time and create something new with it and pair it with some unexpected color combinations! The supplies that are on sale this week are listed below! The sale will run from today at noon ET to Wednesday at 4 PM ET!
Stamps: Winter Warmth

INK: Saffron Spice, Ocean Tides, Pinefeather, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Dark Chocolate

CARDSTOCK: Saffron Spice, Ocean Tides, Pinefeather, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Dark Chocolate

Dies:  Winter Warmth


I made a card and a coordinating tag for today's projects using this unexpected color combination. To begin these projects, I stamped all of the line-art images and colored them with Copic markers. I die cut them using the Winter Warmth dies and set them aside. I die cut all of the other shapes first, and then did all of the solid image stamping. 

I stamped a lot of each image so that I would have a good variety to choose from when assembling the card/tag. I ended up having some extra pieces so I just put them inside the stamp storage pocket to use on another project in the future. 

I used the Love to Layer: Scalloped Circle dies cut from Saffron Spice for the focal point of both the card and tag. I added the candles and the greenery/floral pieces using foam squares for maximum dimension. I love tucking things here and there to give the arrangement a realistic look!

The card uses the tapered candles and the tag uses the larger pillar candle, even though I covered a lot of it up! LOL! I stamped the sentiments using black ink and then die cut them using the Winter Warmth dies. I love when sentiments have coordinating dies so I can add them to my projects easily.

I added white paint splatter and glitter to the card and tags with a few sequins here and there! Both the tag and the card use some True Black: Baker's Twine

The sentiments are added using mini foam squares. I die cut the larger circle from Autumn Rose cardstock and punched the hole for the twine! This was a fun project to work on and it was nice to do some Copic coloring! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

1 comment:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Good Nov morning to you too! It’s another prize winning combination of beautiful colors, your card & tag turned out so pretty! I started writing down some of the color combos in a notebook for future reference, thank you, thank you! I’m reminded of some of the tags recently released “ we need more teachers like you!”. That’s just how I feel, I’m always learning from your blog posts. ( meaning You!). Happy Monday Kelly, I hope it’s the start of a wonderful week! 😊🕯