Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Ink to Paper November Release Countdown Day 1

Hello and welcome! It's always fun to kick off another fabulous release and I'm sure you're all going to love this one! Today is day 1 of the Ink to Paper November release countdown and up first is a super fun and fabulous new set called Winter Woodlands! I'll be showing you 3 different ways to use this set for the holidays and beyond...you'll be wanting to pull it out all winter long for your seasonal projects!

As soon as I saw this set, I pictured Lucy, from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, venturing through the wardrobe and entering Narnia! I just love it so much and I'll think you'll fall in love with it, too! For this first design, I created a bridge card to really create some visual depth and dimension to allow this Christmas scene to come to life!

This set comes with this string of lights, which I decided to make Christmas lights by adding the three different colors of Nuvo drops for realstic looking bulbs! You could keep them a more solid, neutral color for just a winter design. The set comes with two different sentiments, which I used on the different cards. 

I heat embossed the sentiment using silver powder and stretched it across the "bridge" of my card for a translucent look.

The background was created using a piece of Spring Rain cardstock and then I added some Enchanted Evening ink around the edges to give it added depth. The tree is stamped in Simply Chartreuse and Ripe Avocado ink and then placed under the arch of the smaller set of trees.

Of course there is some glitter and white paint splatter to really give this card some added snowy details! 

For my next design, I went for more of a winter vibe and didn't add any holiday details, like the candy cane striped lamp poles or lights like I did on the other design. This one is definitely more "Narnia" inspired!

I used two different colors of ink on the light portion of the lamp posts and I love how realistic they look! I wish I would have tried that on my previous card! ha ha! I used the new "Wood Chips" die cuts at the base of the trees for some added detail. 

The sentiment, which is the second one included in the set, is stamped directly to the bottom of the panel in black.

I added the cute little tree again on this card...it is the perfect scale to nestle right under those trees.

Glitter and white paint splatter are my go-to snowy details for most of my holiday/seasonal designs!

My third card using the Winter Woodlands stamp/die set also includes the sweet little deer from the "Deer to Me" stamp set. I have one more card after this one using this new set, so stay tuned! I chose to do a little "emboss/resist" for this card to really give this card some winter vibes!

I heat embossed them in white and then added some Hawaiian Shores ink over the top. I also added a little bit of ink at the top of the snow drifts as well. These are also included in the Winter Woodlands set!

I die cut the deer simply from white cardstock for a silhouette look and then added the antlers and legs using black ink!

 The trees are layered onto a Tropical Teal panel with Enchanted Evening ink around the edges. I just love how this looks and will probably try it again on another design that shows it off a little bit better!

The sentiment is heat embossed in silver for a cool, icy look. I wrapped it around the focal panel and secured it in the back. I added the panel to a top folding A2 Soft Stone card base using foam squares. I used Martha Stewart Crafts Tinsel glitter on this card to really enhance the icy/frosty look!

My final card for today is one of my favorites and uses the new "Deer to Me" stamp set! Isn't it such a sweet set? I've used it along with the new Border Bling: Believe die, which I love, too!

I die cut the Border Bling: Believe die using Stormy Sea cardstock and stamped the "You're so dear to me" sentiment in black. I then added it over a Scarlet Jewel top folding A2 card base using foam squares. I added a circle to the center and then placed the deer in a huddled arrangement using additional foam squares.


From there, I was able to add all of the leaves, sprigs, and flowers here and there using a combination of liquid glue and foam squares.

I used a Fresh Snow ink pad to add some soft white ink around the edges of the frame as well as some white ink splatter!

Some glitter and sparkling clear sequins finish this design off! I had so much fun working on all of today's projects! I hope you'll join me for day 2 of the countdown! What have been your favorites from today? Thanks for fluttering by!
 

7 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Kelly, you took my breath away with your gorgeous cards today! I’m totally, totally amazed how you created 4 different looks using different elements here and there. Just a fabulous post and yes, I do have a favorite. ALL 4 ! I just love the 3D effects and beautiful colors. It’s a beautiful morning thanks to you. 😊💖🎄

blaze said...

Kelly, your creations are just magical!!!

Connie said...

Wonderful cards, Kelly!
I particularly like the glowing teal forest with the deer!
A great introduction for the new release.
Can't wait to see what else you will have to show us!

Julie said...

I love the colors you used on the last “Deer Me” card - so pretty!
(and the texture on the deer)

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww....you're so sweet! Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! You're so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! That was such a fun one to create!