Thursday, April 2, 2020

Springtime TE Designer Dangles


I know we're in a crazy time, but I am finding joy as I take time each day to create! It's amazing how much more I enjoy the creative process when I'm not watching the clock or living by the clock! Life is definitely more simple as we stay safe at home; no alarms, practices, appointments, or demands. This week is spring break for my kiddos which means no digital homeschool. We got it down pretty well just before the break, so hopefully we'll be able to transition back smoothly. I've started each morning by sitting down at my desk and writing out cards and getting them in the mail. Unfortunately, I ran out of postage stamps (ack!) so I decided to work on some earrings this afternoon!

It's no secret how much I love to make Designer Dangles from Taylored Expressions. With the Stay At Home orders, I decided to make some spring inspired earrings for Easter gifts. I bought some clear egg cartons from Amazon a few weeks ago and plan on filling each "section" with a different treat or gift. I bought some EOS lip balms in bulk and will fit perfectly in one of the sections.

The earrings ended up being a little too big for the cartons, but I will still add them with the gift. I will share how the cartons turn out and the other handmade gifts I make as well. 

I made 6 pairs of earrings in total and I used the Designer Dangles Go Round dies for each one. These are so easy to put together and are so much fun!

I used the Metallic Basics Craft Leather for the cork portion of the earrings; it has flecks of gold that are just beautiful when they hit the light. The floral leather selections that I used are from Etsy.

This pair uses the small gingham check leather from the Black and White Geo leather collection. It gives it a cute and trendy farmhouse look that will be perfect for Spring and Summer.

I used both silver and gold earring wires depending on the leather combination. I also bought some clear earring backs from the craft store to add to the back so they stay on the cards better. I die cut the cards using the Designer Dangles Earring Card Die in purple, yellow, and chartreuse.

These earrings are so relaxing and rewarding to make; you'll end up making many in one sitting if you get on a roll! LOL!  Thanks for fluttering by!

5 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Oh my goodness, how BEAUTIFUL these turned out. I really don’t like to pick favorites because it isn’t long before something ‘newly made’ is my newest favorite. But I think these are my favs from the earrings you’ve made. They are perfect for Spring and Summertime. I’d love to see your egg carton gifts if you get a chance. And I’m with you, I’m not missing the added pressure we used to have either! TFS! 💖😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks! I'm hoping to get a chance to work on them today after my kids get done with their online learning!❤❤❤

Lisa Schenck (lisacardmaker@yahoo.com said...

Kelly, I don't know how I missed this post! Love them!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Lisa! You're so sweet!❤❤❤

jan metcalf said...

Agree with Lisa, how did I miss this post?! Your earrings are lovely Kelly, fresh for spring!