Sunday, April 19, 2020

Hello {You're the ZEST!}

I hope you've all had a great weekend! For me, the weekends feel very similar to the weekdays lately, except that the kids do their online school during the week! I've actually been enjoying having the kids do school at home (insert shocked face), because I get a lot more one on one time with them and I know what they are learning so we can talk about it more throughout the day! 
I'm sharing 2 lemon cards today; I've had lemons on the brain for a while and wanted to create 2 cards for two gifts I'm working on. I've also got May Day on the brain, which is sneaking right up! I think this is the perfect year for us all to do some sneaky May Day deliveries, what do you think? I've been spending WAY  too much time on Amazon lately, but I was able to snag some fun basket fillers that will be arriving before May 1st! It is also the perfect excuse to pull out the floral sets that we always HAVE to have, am I right? Hopefully I'll be able to share my May Day creations with you before the fun day arrives!

For today's cards, I've uses some of the new supplies from The Greetery paired with some older products. To begin these two cards, I die cut the two background panels using the Crimped Frame Die. I then stamped the Windowpane Plaid Background in Sweet Mustard ink and added some inkblending around the edges to give it added dimension. I also die cut the smallest rectangle to use as the focal panel for the "HELLO" letters.

I die cut the "HELLO" letters out of gold cardstock using the Slim Alphabet Die. I also die cut the white portion using the Alphabuds Slim Backers Die and then stamped the flowers from the Alphabuds Slim Stamp Set. I layered the letters onto the rectangle using mini foam squares. I stamped the "You're the zest" sentiment, which is from the Lemon Blossom Stamp Set, in black and then added the "HELLO" rectangle using foam squares.


I die cut a lot of all of the images from the Lemon Blossom Stamp Set so I could add them here and there as I like.

I used foam squares to get the dimension of each piece like I wanted. The two cards are arranged on opposite corners for variety. I can['t decided which one I like better!

I bought quite a few lemonade mixes, both pink and regular so I can start sticking them in the cards I'm mailing out! I think they'll be perfect tucked inside these two cards!

I added both sequins and Nuvo drops, which I have a tendency of going overboard with (eek), but they're just so much fun to squeeze out! LOL!  I also spritzed both cards with a GENEROUS layer of Shimmer Spray for even more shine! I had so much fun on both of these! I hope you get a chance to get some crafting done! Thanks for fluttering by!


6 comments:

TLady said...

SERIOUSLY, THIS just makes me SMILE! :) A BEAUTIFUL JOB!!! ;)<3

Vickie R. said...

Such HAPPY cards! The recipients will love them. And I totally agree, we should all be reviving the May Day tradition this year!

Sherri in Phoenix said...

would love to know more about what you ordered for May Day baskets and the baskets you are using. Sounds like a fun awesome idea for this year! These cards are beautiful.Did you use the Taylored Expression blending brushes for the edges? I need to get out my lemon stamps!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I always enjoy your blog so much. If you ever tire of making cards (hunh?) you could be a writer! And I’m so glad you’re enjoying this time with your children too. So, I love, love your cards! Not many cards makes me ready for something but I’m definitely ready for some lemonade! Thanks for sharing your pretty designs and btw, I don’t think you over do your drops. Your creations are always amazing! 🌞❤️

jan metcalf said...

May Day was always one of my favorites, wonderful idea to spread cheer in this pandemic! Your card is luscious!

Connie said...

Your cards are fantastic, Kelly! Always a joy to see what you have created!