Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Sending Caring Thoughts

Just checking in with you all and hoping you're having a wonderful day! Today has been a beautiful spring day; it started with a little rain but then the sun came out which is so nice! I'm sharing a trio of cards with you today using some older stamp sets from The Greetery
A few weeks ago, I sat down on a Sunday afternoon and stamped a bunch of birds from the Robin and Wren stamp set. I didn't have any clear plan for them, but just enjoyed the process of creating different colored birds to add to projects in the future!
Each of the three cards uses a bird or two which are all colored differently. I have a Facebook friend who posts different birds quite often and a few she shared yesterday caught my eye so I may be working on a whole new flock of birds! LOL!

Right before life got crazy, my son's teacher bought a new house and I had planned on putting together a few "house warming" type gifts, which included some seed packets. The package is still here so I used the colors from that as the inspiration for these flowers, which are from the Fleur Impressions stamp set. I used the Fleur Impressions Die Collection to die cut each of the flowers and then used my Mini MISTI to stamp them assembly line style. 
The cards evolved as I went along and this background is my favorite. I added some ink blending and splatter to the solid piece from the Large Terrarium Die. Once that was done, I added the flowers and leaves using foam squares tucking them here and there.

Each card uses both the solid portion and then a second die cut using the middle piece of the die to create the terrarium panels. I attached them with some liquid glue at the top and then added the tag tied with button twine. I have a strange tip for you, but it really works. When I tie little bows like this, it helps if I turn the project upside down. The bows seem to work out much better that way and end up looking nicer. That being said, I did it on the two other cards, and NOT on this one! LOL!

This bow looks much nicer! Ha ha! For those of you who read my last post, I talked about my plans for May Day which is coming up on May 1st. The 2 "thinking of you" cards will be perfect candidates to tuck with the baskets I have planned! I did read a comment (which I apologize for not responding to yet) asking about what baskets I am using. My Amazon delivery came with the baskets...oh my...they were 1,000 % NOT what I thought they'd be! I had to quickly look for an alternative, which won't be delivered until the last day of April or possibly the 1st of May. I guess I'll be making the deliveries after they arrive!  They are berry basket type containers and they come in a package of 20 so I will be using them for other gifts in the future.

So far, the floral tea towels that will line the containers have come as well as the Burt's Bees lip balm and hydrating sheet masks. I'm still waiting for the seed packets, peet pots, and soap. I have a few neighbor's birthdays that are coming up in a few days so I'm planning on making a batch of caramels for that, so I will sprinkle some of those into the baskets, too! I'm thinking some cookies tucked into decorated cello bags could be a fun addition, and maybe a homemade cloth face mask. I also love a traditional paper cone, so maybe I'll make some of those for a few other doors. I'm planning 6 baskets with the full shabang, but I'll have leftovers of a few things I could tuck into paper cones! Hopefully some of these ideas will spur your own May Day deliveries! Will you share with me what you make? I'd love to know!

Each of the three cards use the sentiments from the Sentiment Suite: Thank You stamp set and then they are die cut using the coordinating Sentiment Suite Basics Die collection.

This particular card turned into a sympathy card. It's so sad when your friends lose their loved ones, especially right now when you can't even have a proper funeral or service. My heart aches for my friend and her family! 
I had so much fun working on these designs and I hope you get a chance to get some floral cards made soon! I'll be continuing to work on my May Day creations so stay tuned! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE your birds! I need to pull mine out & play with more colors, like you've done! AND I ALSO LOVE the flowers & terrarium! ALL of which I have too! LOL LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!! You have gone ALL OUT in your gift giving! I'm SURE your neighbors & your friends will LOVE THEM!!!! SUCH A BEAUTIFUL JOB!!! They WILL BE TREASURED!!! ;)<3

Cindy Otto said...

Love this idea and your cute bird in a cage cards! You could tuck in a few notecards. If your like me, I’ve been stamping like cray, since this whole quarantine started. Thanks for the great idea!

Anonymous said...

I love your projects and blog it is a joy to look at and read. About the baskets from Amazon years ago I was part of a group preparing for a large party. We ordered similar baskets if not the same size they were made of the same stuff. We dyed them with pink Ritz dye they came out just beautiful. I know you will come up with some wonderful way to use them.

Stephanie Clapper said...

You’re just the kindest person Kelly. Not only thinking of others but making gifts to brighten their day. I love reading what you share! I’m so sorry about your friend. So I just love your terrarium cards! I actually made several birds awhile back, Very similar to you color palettes, aren’t they the sweetest? I’ve currently been working on mass producing birthday and uplifting cards, using the Top Down collection. One of them is for my mailman and another for my awesome Fed Ex driver. Today I’m going to attempt coloring my hair. I’ve always had a hair dresser so today ought to be interesting! 🤪Thank You for sharing everything, you are my inspiration on a daily basis for which I’m very grateful. 💝😊