Thursday, April 9, 2020

Happy Easter {Tags for Easter Treats}

Easter is sneaking up on us and will be here before we know it!  When I made THESE, I had promised to share the tags that I made to attach to the egg cartons that I bought to package up Easter gifts and goodies! I sat down last night and got to work creating 5 tags using the Best Bunnies stamp set and coordinating Best Bunnies die collection.

I wish I could say that I made these the smart way, which is assembly line style, but I didn't! So...instead of telling you how I DID make them, I will tell you a better way to do it! LOL! As I mentioned before, I ended up making 5 tags in total, but I like them so much, I plan on making a few more tonight! I bought the clear egg cartons on Amazon a while back and I have quite a few, so I think I'll just get them all put together and drop them off on people's porches for Easter. The three packages that I'm sharing today are headed to a different home as they are for orders from my son's Speech teacher at school. She had already paid me before life got crazy and I didn't want to let her down!

To begin, start by die cutting the Spring Pastels pattern paper using the largest die from the Charming Tags 1 die. I chose to use 5 of the 6 patterns, but you could use whatever paper you want. I just love the scale of the patterns I chose and the light designs so they don't over power the bunny image.
Once they are die cut, you can go ahead and add the stamped sentiment to the bottom. It is from the Just Sentiments: Easter mini stamp set. It has some of the sweetest Easter sentiments that are perfect to tuck here and there on your Easter projects!
 I also die cut the sentiment banners using the Banner Builder Basics die collection; it is the perfect shape for the Happy Easter sentiment which is stamped in black. I die cut each banner piece twice per tag; once out of pattern paper and once out of white cardstock for stability since the pattern paper isn't very thick. I used liquid glue to adhere them together,but used foam squares to attach the end pieces for added dimension.
The bunnies are stamped using black ink and then die cut I also attached them to another white die cut to give them extra durability. The bows are also die cut and glued together using liquid glue. These are much easier to assemble with the thinner paper. I stuck my quilling tool into the loops to plump them back up after the gluing process.
The eggs are stamped in the five colors of the pattern paper; Aqua Mist, Lilac Grace, Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, and Lemon Tart. I also added a bow which is included in the stamp set. All of this is layered up onto a smaller white tag that is from the Tagged and Labeled stamp set. I put some Easter shred in the bottom of the egg cartons, added a small hand sanitizer (worth its weight in gold these days), an EOS lip balm, a plastic egg filled with treats and then other slots are filled with Easter candy. I kept these 3 simple since I am using a budget (I hate the B word) LOL! When I put others together, they will have additional items. Once they were filled, I wrapped a 3 1/2 inch wide piece of Happy Spots Pattern Paper around the top and sides of the carton. I tied a length of Stitched Ribbon in 3 different colors and attached the tags! I love how they turned out! Thanks for fluttering by!

5 comments:

Kris said...

These are awesome!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!

TLady said...

These little tags are ADORABLE! AND I think your son's speech teacher will LOVE THEM!
I DO!!! ;)<3

Stephanie Clapper said...

Thanks so much for sharing your egg carton gifts! They turned out so pretty and so Perfect for Easter, I especially love your tiny bows. What a great friend you are! And btw, you’re not the only one who’s on that “B” word-Ugh. Happy Easter! 😊🎀

Admin said...

Thanks so much for sharing your egg cartoon Pakistan Independence Day 2020

Anita in France said...

Absolutely adorable, Kelly ... such sweet images ... so soft and pretty! Thanks so much for your visit and kind words! Anita :)