Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Live life in full Bloom!

Hello friends! Thanks for joining me today! I'm sharing a couple of cards that I made earlier this month for a feature on the Simon Says Stamp Blog, but I wanted to share them here as well! This was a feature using Pinkfresh Studio products and I decided to go for a spring theme!

It's no secret how much I love the Kelly alpha lowercase because it is so easy to create custom sentiments/words to highlight on my projects. In this case, I die cut the letters for the word "spring" twice out of each letter and glued them together. I layered them onto a panel of pink cardstock that was dry embossed using the Folkdance die and then die cut using the Diagonal Stitched rectangles set with mini foam squares for dimension. 

The sentiment, which is heat embossed in gold, is from the Layered Bouquet stamp set. I heat embossed it on a strip of vellum and then adhered it to the back of the pink panel using clear tape. I stamped the Curvy Floral Vine images using INK in these colors: Fresh Pear, Olive, Lemon Whip, and Sweet Mustard. I have been using these inks almost exclusively on most of my projects lately, unless the project is from I2P/PTI.  They were die cut using the Curvy Floral Vine die  and added to the card using foam squares. I added some Essentials Jewels in both yellow and green to accent the stamped images.

You can see the detail and dimension of the alphabet a little bit better in this photo. I just love these letters look raised up so the cut outs leave shadows. The entire pink panel is added to a top folding white card base using additional foam squares.

My second card uses a few more of my favorites; I can't seem to put these down! LOL! I stamped a piece of yellow cardstock using the new Enchanted Blooms background in Sweet Mustard ink for a tone on tone look. I also used the Diagonal Stitched Rectangles around the edge of this panel as well. I used my Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes around the edges using the same Sweet Mustard ink to give it some added defintion.

I added a white frame that was die cut using the Ornate Oval Frame and added it to the yellow panel using foam squares. I stamped the Blooming Bouquet in Ballet Slipper and Sparkling Rose INK and the leaves in Fresh Pear and Olive. I die cut the image using the Layered Bouquet die and added it to the frame using additional foam squares for added dimension.

The "so proud of you" sentiment is also from the Layered Bouquet satmp set and is heat embossed in gold and added  to the yellow base with clear tape secured in the back. I added the "YOU" sentiment is die cut from both vellum and white cardstock and added using foam squares. A few jewels finish off this design! I had so much fun working on both of these designs! I've been sending out TONS of cards these past few weeks and I know they are cheering up the recipients during this challenging time! I urge each of you card makers to actually send out those cards you make because they really do help; this is our time to make a difference in the lives of others. I know that it really does bring some cheer and joy! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Your cards are so pretty, so cheerful and so uplifting! I sure miss everyone’s wonderful card blogs and so this comes with a special thank you. You’re not only a talented artist but one with a big heart! You’ve made my day with your beautiful post. Please stay safe. ❤️😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Stephanie! You're so sweet! You stay safe, too!💓💓💓