Monday, April 6, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio 6th Anniversary Instagram Hop


Happy Monday, friends! There's a fun Instagram Hop going on to celebrate the 6th anniversary of Pinkfresh Studio! With all that is going on in the world right now, we will be postponing the bigger celebration until things calm down a little, but in the meantime, we're celebrating with a fun Instagram Hop! I decided to post my 2 cards here as well so that I could tell you a little bit about how I made them and what supplies I used if you are interested!

With the introduction of the Essentials Slim dies, my outlook has changed on some of the previously released stamps and dies. The Floral Vase stamp set has been one of my favorites; you can see a previous project HERE. I love how you can have the bouquet by itself, tied with a bow, or placed in the vase. I have shown both options on today's cards. It is such a tall image so I knew it would be perfect to use with some of the new slim dies!

I think for many of us, the types of cards we are making right now are ones of cheer and comfort. While I was making this card, I got news that a neighbor was in the hospital with the possibility of a positive COVID-19 test! I had been making it to be just one of comfort, but with the addition of the "feel better soon" sentiment, it turned out to be perfect to get sent off right away!
To begin both cards, I stamped the flora cluster twice, the vase once, and the bow once. The "sending" sentiment was die cut twice and stamped in black. I colored the outline images with an assortment of Copic markers and set those aside. I haven't had a chance to use the Slim Edgers Die set, but knew it would be perfect to use with these flowers. The stitched lines on this particular edge inspired me to use the Slim Stitched Rectangle die set to keep the edges the same. I die cut the large one out of Aqua cardstock and then stamped the Diamond Tiles Background using Ocean Breeze ink at the top. 

I used a blender brush and Sweet Mustard Ink to add around the perimeter of the yellow piece. I layered the yellow portion onto the white panel that is stamped with the "feel better soon" sentiment using foam squares. I added the vase and flowers attaching the "sending" sentiment to the vase and then wrapped the heat embossed sentiment around the panel securing it in the back with tape. All of this is mounted onto the Aqua panel using additional foam squares. A few Jewels and sequins finish off this floral design. I mailed it in a standard security envelope using 2 stamps because it is heavy!

For this second card, I just used the bouquet with the bow. I used the Slim Diagonal Stitched Rectangles dies for both the smaller and the larger panel, adding some stamping and ink blending like I did on the first card.

I stamped the "comfort for today, hope for tomorrow" sentiment directly on the white panel, but popped up the die cut "sending" sentiment at the top! I love how both of these turned out! I'm on the hunt for some pretty slim line envelopes, but Amazon isn't shipping envelopes at a quick pace these days. Any resources for me to try? I'd love to know where you get yours! Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. Don't forget to join me on the hop at @kellylunceford! There are prizes involved (wink, wink)

5 comments:

Pam said...

I loved both of your cards. Your creations are so beautiful. What about trying an Office Max or some similar store? You could try using a #10 business envelope until you got an Amazon order. I don't know the dimensions of your card but it might work.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Your cards couldn’t be more perfect Kelly, both in timing and design. Soothing palettes that are so pretty to look at, like having a floral bouquet delivered, with well wishes at the same time. I’m in love with the new Slimline sizes & I’ve also heard they fit in a business envelope. I’m sorry to hear about your neighbor, she’s in my prayers. Please, please stay safe and GOD bless. ❤️🙏

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Stephanie! Hugs to you!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Pam! I'll try those!❤❤❤

buzzn2scrap said...

Beautiful cards ! When I saw the slim line dies I wasn't sure what type stamps would fit, but I love these ! Definitely will be checking them out soon.