Thursday, September 26, 2019

PTI Throwback Thursday {Once Upon a Time}

Hello and welcome to this week's Papertrey Ink Throwback Thursday! It's one of my favorite features and I always love when it's my turn to share with you! While the Book Cover Dies and coordinating Book Cover Details stamp set are definitely "throwback" worthy, they are new to me, so I was particularly excited to use them for this Bridal Shower card I was in need of!

I know I will be using these again and again; especially for all of the book lovers in my life as well as my Book Club! Believe me, it has been on my Wish List for YEARS, and I finally brought them home! To begin, I die cut the Book Cover portion using the Book Cover Card Die using Aqua Mist cardstock. I added some Aqua Mist ink around the edges using a blender brush. Once that was done, I added the die cut "pages" portion that I die cut from Rustic Cream cardstock. This particular cardstock gave the book pages the look I was going for. 

I quickly stamped the filigree detail on the book spine using my mini MISTI and black ink. The large rectangle on the front is also die cut using the Rustic Cream cardstock and the die is included in the Book Cover Card die collection {linked above}. I die cut the "Once" piece twice using Simply Chartreuse cardstock and glued together with liquid glue. 

I also die cut the "happily" and "for you" portions using the same cardstock and layered the same way. I also made a fake gift card for the pocket so you could see how I intended to use it. It will really have an Amazon gift card inside, but I may use this green piece to hide the orange and black of the card! LOL!

I wanted to add some florals, so I pulled out another "throwback" set; Bitty Bouquets. This is another one of my favorite sets and I have used it quite a bit. I used them last year on THESE cards, which turned out to be some of my favorites.
I die cut the shapes first using the Bitty Bouquets die collection. These are solid dies so you need to die cut and then stamp. I used my Mini MISTI to do all of the stamping since I was stamping multiples and I wanted to get them done quickly, accurately and nicely saturated. 

I did all of the extra stamping, like the "and they lived" and "every after" and " upon a time" using my mini MISTI as well so that I got everything lined up properly.


A few sparkling clear sequins finish up this fun and whimsical design! I think the Bride-to-be will think it's fun! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Dawn Z said...

I love what you made with this! Especially like the color palette, that green goes with the aqua really well.

Stephanie Clapper said...

This is so pretty Kelly and works perfectly with the Bitty Bouquet. A real keepsake for your recipient!😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!