Thursday, September 26, 2019

Inspired By...Tailgate Party {Happy Harvest}

It's Thursday and that means it's time for a brand-new Inspired By Challenge! I decided to create a set of three quick cards to mail out this week! Now that fall is officially here, I can get some of these autumn cards flying out the door! 

I was inspired by the leaves at the top of the photo; there just beyond the tailgate, the plaid of the thermoses, the picnic basket, the twine wrapped around the thermoses and the colors.

To begin these quick cards, I die cut the Bold Borders: Foliage Die out of Olive Twist cardstock. Normally I would stack them about 2 or three times, but for these quick designs, they just got a single layer, which looks great because of the pierced detail! I layered them onto panels of Fall Prints & Patterns pattern paper, using prints that looked like the leaves in the inspiration photo.

I used the Vintage Picnic dies to die cut the picnic baskets and then used the (retired) Vintage Picnic stamp set to stamp them. I did some simple Copic coloring to get some of the fun plaids from the photo incorporated into the design.

After the baskets were cut, stamped and colored, I stamped the pumpkins directly onto the panels of Rustic Cream cardstock as well as the "Happy Harvest" sentiments. I used Copic markers to color the pumpkins and added some highlights using a white gel pen.

I used foam squares to pop up the baskets and the panels using foam squares. I also added a quick bow of Jute Button Twine. Once that was done, I added the entire panels onto top folding A2 card bases using ScorTape. These were a lot of fun to make and I always love pulling this old set out! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Kelly, these are all gorgeous! Love that plaid basket full of pumpkins and all the details you incorporated in these beautiful cards. XXX

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! I think these will go perfectly with my trucks I made this week!