Friday, September 13, 2019

Ink to Paper September Release Countdown Day 3

Welcome to day 3 of the Ink to Paper September Release Countdown! I have some fun projects to share with you today! I decided it was high time I put on the Christmas tunes to really get in the spirit! My first project uses a new stamp and die set called "Holly Jolly Holiday" and is so much fun, especially if you like graphic stamp sets! I know I will be reaching for this one again and again!

I've been itching to get some of these mittens made for the upcoming holiday season, and this was the perfect excuse! I die cut the Mittens out of Autumn RoseAqua Mist, and Simply Chartreuse felt! Once that was done, I used my sewing machine and white thread to sew around the edge. I added the die cut snowflakes, which are from the new Splendid Snowflakes die set, using glue as well as the Buttons

Once that was done, I got to work on the tags. I die cut the Tagged and Labeled die out of the same colors as I used for felt, but in cardstock. I heat embossed the "Holly Jolly" sentiment in white onto the tags. I really love how it makes the sentiments pop! I also stamped the holly and berries, which are from the Holly Jolly Holiday stamp set and added them using foam squares and glue.

The cute little felt bow are die cut using one of the dies included in the new "Tag Creations: Modern Gift" that will be released with all of the new products on the 15th. It was the perfect embellishment to add to the tags and mittens!

Next up is a fun new set called "Cheerful Tree"! One of my favorite memories growing up was going to the fresh Christmas tree stand to pick out our tree! I can almost smell the fresh pine as I type! I've been begging my husband for years to get at least one fresh tree, but the answer is always no! LOL! 

The tree portion of this set includes some fun steps to help get your tree looking realistic! I love the addition of the beads! I added a glitter star to the top for some shine!

I'm in love with this sentiment and it looks great embossed in white on the red cardstock strip!

The gifts are fun to mix and match and you have lots of different bow options as well. This set really has it all when it comes to trimming the tree!

I added a few sparkling sequins to mimic the look of ornaments, but you can see in my next project that I did add ornaments.



This is a gift card holder using the new "Tag Creations: Modern Gift" die collection. It was the perfect fit for this Cheerful Tree!

The sentiment, which is included in the new Cheerful Tree set, fits perfectly in the narrow tag!

The glittery ornaments are die cut from glitter paper. This reminds me of my Grandma's tree so much...oh the memories!

I often feel that the sentiments in a set are an afterthought or just an accent, so for this last design, I decided to let them be the star of the show to proclaim their Christmas greetings!

All of the sentiments are from the new Cheerful Tree set, with the exception of the outline "Wonderful" sentiment, which is from the Holly Jolly Holiday set that I showcased on my first project! I thought it worked so well with the sentiment layered on top!

I did some inkblending using Blueberry Sky ink on Spring Rain cardstock. Once that was done, I stamped the snowflakes, which are from the Splendid Snowflake set using Spring Rain ink and Blueberry Sky ink. I think by using the two different colors of ink it creates dimension without an extra bulk.

I added some sequins and a small gift from the Cheerful Tree set for some added detail. The snowflake is die cut using the Splendid Snowflake die cuts.

I hope you've enjoyed today's projects! Join me again tomorrow for even more holiday fun! Thanks for fluttering by!


3 comments:

Sherri in Phoenix said...

On your first tree, did you use Simply Chartruese and what was the second color you stamped on? And Pure Poppy? I love the unique color combo.

Marilyn M said...

Love these, Kelly! Those adorable mittens with their snowflakes!!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Simply Chartreuse, then Ripe Avocado with pure poppy beads! Thank you!