Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Taylored Expressions Dadisms {You're the Best, Dad!}


 Hello and welcome! I'm so excited to be creating a Father's Day design using some of Taylored Expressions newest products! I've created this card using a fabulous new stamp set called "Dadisms" paired with the new "DAD" word die! I'm always searching for new ideas for Father's Day and other masculine cards and these are just the ticket! You'll want to stop by tomorrow as well because I'll be sharing some other fun new products as well!
I created the background for today's design by stamping the Grid Background in a dark indigo ink on a lighter blue cardstock for a subtle tone on tone look. The grid background pairs perfectly with the Buffalo Plaid Background as well to create perfect plaid backgrounds. I decided to just use the grid for today's clean design.

Once I had the background finished, I die cut 9 of the DAD word die out of gray cardstock. I glued them together in groups of 3, so they would be sturdy. Once that was done, I used the grid lines as a guide to adhere the letters to my background using small strips of foam tape. 

I used my mini MISTI to stamp the sentiments from the Dadisms set in versarmark ink and then heat embossed them in silver. I cut them down to the right size with my paper trimmer and mounted them to my card using foam strips as well.

I really love clean and simple cards for men and these two products pair perfectly to achieve the look I was going for!

I got a kick out of this " He eats his steak and potatoes with a side of steak and potatoes" sentiment. Even though it doesn't fit my husband {who is getting this card}, I still thought it was funny and would be perfect to add to the Gift Card Pop Up Die portion of the card. I plan on adding a gift card to Outback Steakhouse to really enhance the sentiment! LOL! I absolutely LOVE this gift card pop up die and have used it on so many of my cards. It is such a fun way to add gift cards to the inside of your cards. It also provides another place to add fun images and sentiments to enhance the theme of your design.

I also added some of the DAD letters here as well. I love how this card turned out! I'll be back tomorrow with some projects using more of the new Taylored Expressions stamp sets! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: