Thursday, May 30, 2019

Inspired By...Laundry {You are Wonderful!}

I'm playing double duty again this week; I'm sharing this card over on the SugarPea Designs blog as well as here for this week's Inspired By Challenge I've taken the last few challenges pretty literal, but not this week! LOL! I think it's pretty common to look at an inspiration photo and start dissecting it into ways to translate it into a card.

I was especially enamored by the pretty lace portion, the colors of the daisy and the overall "feel" of laundry day, which for me, I want it to be lemon fresh when I am done!

To begin my design, I used Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink to blend a white panel. I spritzed it with water and Shimmer Spray for some added detail. Once that was done, I used the Geo Floral CoverPlate and a grey embossing mat to dry emboss the pattern rather than die cut it. It reminded me of the lace in the photo, which I just love. I also die cut the Diagonal Striped CoverPlate  to lay over the top. 

I die cut the rectangles using the Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles; one in black and one in white. I also die cut the You SugarCut 3 times and glued them together with liquid glue. Once I had all of those pieces done, I added some black paint splatters using a fine point brush.
The lemons, which are from the Tutti Fruitti stamp set, are stamped in a couple of different yellow inks to get some realistic shading on them. I used the coordinating Tutti Fruitti SugarCuts to die cut them.

The "are wonderful" sentiment is from the Sweet Sentiments: You stamp set and is stamped in black onto a white strip. Once I had all of the pieces done, I got to work assembling the card. I also added a few sparkling gems to the card for some added detail and sparkle. I hope you get a chance to join us this week at Inspired By! Thanks for fluttering by!


4 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love how these bright colors pop, especially with the black panel (which I totally omitted, LOL!)!! They make me want to go have a big glass of lemonade!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Patti H. said...

Love this bright fresh card, Kelly! The added embossing really makes the color pop.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Patti!