Thursday, May 2, 2019

Inspired By...Pennants {You're Amazing}

It's Thursday and that means there is a brand-new Inspired By Challenge! I've missed the last few weeks, so it feels good to be back today! You can check out the challenge HERE! I hope you all get a chance to play along!

This week's challenge is Inspired by...pennants. Heavens knows I love a Banner, but for some reason I just wasn't feeling the pennants. I decided to go with what DID inspire me this week, and that was the floral fabric used for some of the pennants. I was particularly inspired by the blue ones with pink flowers, so that is where I began my design.

I'm positively smitten with the roses in the Everything's Rosy stamp set and they reminded me of the flowers in the fabric. I used my mini MISTI and stamped out the flowers and leaves. I didn't do the fourth step image on the roses because I have a tendency of messing them up at this point, so I played it safe and just did 3. I still like all of the detail and depth that you can achieve with just the 3 steps.

Once all of the stamping was done, I die cut them using the coordinating Everything's Rosy die cuts. I actually made 3 of each image so I have some extra roses to use on a tag or small project in the future.

I die cut the  Braided Oval and did some ink blending using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. I kept it darker around the edges and lighter in the middle. Once the blending was done, I smooshed the ink pad onto an acrylic block and spritzed some water on it so that I could add some ink splatters to the braided oval. I love the added detail that it gives to this design.

I stamped the sentiment, which is from the Oval Foliage stamp set, in black onto the blended panel. I used my mini MISTI to make sure I got a good crisp impression. There's nothing worse than messing up at this stage in the game!


I arranged the flowers around the sentiment using foam squares to give it dimension, doubling up the ones on the smaller roses. I added a trio of sparkling clear sequins around the sentiment for some sparkle and shine.


Once that was all done, I added it to a standard A2 cardbase using foam squares for even more dimension. I hope you'll find some time this week to play along with the challenge! Thanks for fluttering by!


3 comments:

Patti H. said...

Wow. Kelly, this card really caught my eye with it's gorgeous colors & the beautiful flowers@! Love this one & I need those Braided Ovals! Thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

Your card is lovely, Kelly. The multi layered rose stamp set is so pretty. Have a great weekend.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly ! I’m just playing in my craft room and visiting your blog. Wow, these flowers are gorgeous! So realistic. And your perfect background makes it even more eye- catching. I love your style ( I think I’ve mentioned that a ton), but it’s true. I wanted to also let you know that I’m not following Ink to Paper. To be honest, I’ve become extremely disillusioned with them, BUT NOT YOU. I know you can’t comment on that, but I just wanted you to know. Who knows what the future may bring? ( so true! ). In the meantime, I hope you’ll forgive my feelings and I look forward to visiting your blog. You’re exceptional! Thank you Kelly ! :)