Saturday, May 18, 2019

Saturday Showcase {You mean so much to me}

Welcome to the FIRST Ink To Paper Saturday Showcase! Today a few of us are using the new Rustic Brick Background Stamp Set in a variety of different ways! During the countdown week, I used it on a masculine design, so I was happy to use it again in a different way! Following and implementing home decor trends can be just as much fun on paper as it can be in your home! I used the Rustic Brick stamp set paired with modern calligraphy and simple greens to create a card inspired by the current trends! It's definitely easier on the wallet and doesn't require months of renovation! LOL!
To begin today's design, I heat embossed the brick image in white onto a piece of Soft Stone cardstock. I wanted to get that light brick look that is so trendy right now. I layered it onto a piece of Kraft cardstock that measures 4 by 5 1/4 inches. The brick background is slightly smaller than an A2 card base so it gives you the opportunity to do some additional layering if you like.


I die cut the tag twice  from the Tag Creations: Blooming Indulgence die collection in black. I knew I would be heat embossing the sentiment so I doubled it to prevent any warping. The sentiment is from the new Many Anemones stamp set and is one of my favorites! I have quite a few home decor pieces like this in my home, with either white calligraphy on black or black calligraphy on white. 

The tag is attached to the brick piece using foam squares for dimension. The leaves are die cut in Ripe Avocado cardstock and Spring Moss cardstock. They are also from the Tag Creations: Blooming Indulgence die collection as well. I used a small blending brush on the Spring Moss leaves and pounced some Ripe Avocado ink on the edges.

 I added them around the perimeter of the tag using liquid glue. I only added glue to the leaves that would actually be touching the tag.  Once that was done, I used a post-it note to cover up the sentiment and added some black paint splatters for interest. I tied a bow of True Black Baker's Twine to the top of the tag.
I also created a few of the smallest flowers from the die collection as well to bring in an additional design element to provide extra detail. The "my dear friend" sentiment is from the Frame It Out: Wishes stamp set but is die cut using one of the included banner dies from the Tag Creations: Blooming Indulgence. As you can see, I pulled a lot of my favorite things from here and there to create today's card! I hope you enjoy today's "showcase"! Thanks for fluttering by!

6 comments:

Suzanne Russell said...

Love this card, Kelly! The brick background was definitely my favorite from the release for just the reason you demonstrated here. Pinning this as I look forward to trying out this new background stamp.

blaze said...

This card is gorgeous, Kelly! Just the inspiration I needed to get my behind down in my studio to create!!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, love the arrangement!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! You're going to love it!