Monday, January 14, 2019

Papertrey Ink January Release Countdown Day 5

Welcome to the 5th and final day of the Papertrey Ink January release countdown! What has been your favorite so far? There's so many to choose! Today I'm sharing two cards using two new sets that you're sure to fall in love with. Up first is the new set called Together Forever Blooms. I was inspired for today's card by my large desk calendar that I use to  keep track of my design team commitments, due dates, etc. At the top is a border of flowers with a black binding. The flowers look very similar to the ones in this set, so that was my starting point!

These colors aren't my go-to colors or ones that I normally use and I contemplated changing them up, but in the end, I decided different is good! I actually really like how bold and bright it turned out!

I used the word die from the new "Bold Borders: Arabesque" die cut that was showcased on Saturday. I didn't get a chance to use it earlier, so I was happy to be able to incorporate it into today's design. The stamped and embossed sentiment actually includes the word "You" but I omitted it since I used the die cut.

 I added some machine stitching to the left portion to mimic the perforations on my desk calendar. I also used the new Nesting Basics ovals and the new Nesting Basics pierced ovals. I really love the sweet little detail that it adds to my cards! These are definitely one of those go-to basics that will make any design special.
The sentiment is heat embossed in white and the die cut is stacked 4 times and glued together with liquid glue. I also added a coating of crystal glaze for some shine.

I added a simple strip of black and white paper to give the design an extra pop of interest. I also added some rhinestones in the centers of a few of the flowers.


This final card uses two new sets: "Vintage Type" and "Circle of Love". I did a lot of gold heat embossing to give this card a lot of texture and shine, which you can see in the photos below.

The "thinking of you always" sentiment is heat embossed in gold onto a piece of Pale Peony cardstock and then die cut using the Nesting Circle dies.  It layers perfectly inside the frame of the stamped image. I heat embossed that as well and then colored it using copic markers.


This particular set comes with solid images that layer inside the lined images if you don't like doing your own coloring. I really like versatile sets like this because I don't always have time to color and the solid images are a lifesaver!

I used one of the single bloom images from the set to heat emboss in gold onto a strip of black cardstock for some contrast. I layered the focal image onto one of the new "Shape Shifters: Square 4 dies. I just love the romantic look of the edge.  I hope you've enjoyed the last 5 days and remember that everything will be available for purchase on January 15th and 10 PM EST. Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Change is hard, I agree. But both of your cards turned out beautifully! I LOVE your work!

Cindy Beach said...

Kelly,
I have been a fan of yours for a very long time! Your cards today are bright and beautiful. I love your attention to detail and the many photos of your posts. You have been an amazing new star in the PTI line up! I loved best the card with your new color combo. Might inspire me to try a shade of purple.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Cindy! Thanks for your sweet words and for stopping by! Have a great week