Friday, January 11, 2019

Papertrey Ink January Countdown Day 2


 Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink January release Countdown! Today I'm happy to be sharing three different projects I've created using two adorable new sets called "Worth the Wait" and " Even More: worth the Wait"! You can check out all of the details of these two new sets on the Papertrey Ink Blog and see how the rest of the team was inspired! I love, love, love making things for babies, so I was just a little bit giddy when I was assigned this set for today's post!  For my  first design, I couldn't resist pairing the beautiful hand lettering sentiment with the amazing flowers from the fabulous Farmer's Market Florals and coordinating dies
 I also used the new Nesting Basics ovals that were showcased yesterday but I didn't seem to manage to show! eek! So...here I am today redeeming myself. I used the pierced portion as well as the die cut pieces. They add so much striking detail in just a few passes through the die cut machine!

 Another quick way to get some bang for your buck when designing a card is to use the awesome Scallop Stackers Large die. I just love how the green looks peeking through the crisp white scallops. The flowers were so fun to arrange around the beautiful sentiments. I also added one of the cute bows from the "Even more: worth the wait"

 Next up is a fun baby boy ensemble that I put together to welcome my neighbor's precious baby boy! To be perfectly honest, she wouldn't have received anything handmade had I not been assigned this set! LOL! I just wouldn't have had time! So, lucky for her I was able to create some fun packaging for a few hand sewn items that she will hopefully enjoy!
As I mentioned earlier, I love creating/crafting for babies. I have shared the majority of my handmade/handsewn projects (boy) HERE and (girl) HERE. It's been quite a while since I put together a baby ensemble so it was fun to work on this. I made two bow ties and used the Mix Ups Pocket Tags die as the base to attach them. I think I have used these tags on every release since they were first released! They have definitely become one of my go-to products to use! I stamped the bow from the "Even More: Worth the Wait" that I used on the first card, but I thought it looked just like a little bow tie so I used it on the packaging! I also heat embossed two of the included sentiments from the "Worth the Wait" to create the "little gent" sentiment strip; just perfect for some dapper bow ties!

 I used the cute tassels from the set to create the tassel garland. I've made a few tissue paper tissue garlands in my day and believe me, this stamped version was WAY easier! LOL! I paired it with the new Corner Adorner: January to add some festive detail. The tag for the binkie clip was created using the XO Skinny Mini Tag dies. I wasn't assigned these from the last release, so I was itching to use them on a project and they worked out perfectly! 
 The shoes are always my favorite! These were created using the Baby Booties Die and I used Smokey Shadow and Fine Linen felt for a neutral and versatile shoe. I love how they turned out. My daughter said she thought they were just "meh". She likes the Aqua Mist ones that I have made, but I told her they didn't "go" with my ensemble! LOL! I think these will work out for a lot of different outfits, where the Aqua Mist ones would be very specific! The tag for the bib is heat embossed in white and I love, love, love this font and sentiment! Sooooo cute! It will be getting a lot of mileage...this would be perfect for Valentine's Day cards as well! 
This is a closeup of the binkie clip. I use suspender hardware that I purchase in bulk and then I use a thin hair elastic from the dollar store to sew to the other end. Not all pacifiers have a loop to thread through a velcro fastener, so I started using the elastic.


I love using the Scene It: Scalloped Tag base die as the topper for my shoe packaging. I use clear boxes that I have purchased in bulk and put some coordinating shred in the bottom. I add the shoes and then tie it up with ribbon and the topper. All of the beautiful sentiments look so cute on the top of the box! I bought a cute coordinating blanket and outfit to add to the gift ensemble and will be delivering it with dinner tonight! 

My third and final project for today is another girl gift. If you saw my Traveler's Journal post  the other day, I created a baby mini album to give as a gift. This little ensemble will also be tucked in her gift as well as the card I shared at the top of this post. I love making baby headbands and I even got creative a few months ago when I made THESE headbands using the Shape Shifters: Circle 4 die. You will need to scroll down to see them since they aren't at the top of that post. Anyway, I knew that I could make a sweet little Pillow Box to hold a headband. 

 I used the Pierced Feature Frames to create the sentiment label for the box as well as the card that I wrapped the headband around. I didn't actually wrap it in this photo because I wanted you to be able to tell what it was, but my last photo of the post shows how it is wrapped.

 I really have to restrain myself from not using the Stitching Garden stamp set on EVERYTHING, but it was the perfect companion for these sweet sentiments included in the "Worth the Wait" stamp set.
I tied the box up with Sweet Blush Satin Swiss Dot ribbon, but not around the ends that need to be opened. I like it if the packaging can stay put and still look pretty! 

You can see the headband all wrapped around the card and ready to be tucked inside the pillow box! I can't wait to go visit and see the sweet babies who will be receiving these gifts! It sure was nice to get a few handmade gifts made. I did struggle a bit with some of my handsewn projects because i'm a bit rusty, but I just kept plugging along and eventually got things to work out! I hope you've enjoyed today's inspiration! Join me again tomorrow for Day 3 of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!


8 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my gosh Kelly! These baby gifts are just precious!! You have packaged them up so beautifully with all the PTI goodies - any mom would be blown away with these gifts! Very inspiring!

Kathleen said...

Amazing projects. Everyone wants to be your best friend, I’m sure. How did you make the headband flower? I see a baby project in my future!! Thank you so much for your wonderful inspiration.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I’ve saved my comment for you until the end. Because....there were so many BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL creations to look at. Over and over, and over. He he. I can’t say enough about the talents you have & share, you amaze me with EVERY post. Btw, you can’t use stitched garden enough for me, I adore the set too. Plus I learn from you BECAUSE you use them more than once. I’m having a hard time explaining, but I’m more confident because of you. Anyhow, your neighbors are blessed to have you in their life. Your ensembles are GORGEOUS, that goes for the little gent too. I love your shoes, no “hehs” from me! I have to add, since this is long already, that your color palettes are my favs. Period. I do have a question. I checked your other blog and didn’t see a tutorial for this headband. I’m making the favors for my daughter’s wedding and I would love to know how you made them. I’d be very grateful for any help, even a simple explanation. But no matter, I just wanted to say how much i 💗 your designs, you have the most amazing visions! Thank you dear Kelly, you’re a gem and real blessing, in more ways than one. 🙏😊

BarbaraMae said...

Absolutely amazing baby gift sets. The intended recipients will be delighted to receive them.
Wonderful ideas!

K Andrews said...

I think we need a template for your booties too... so cute... this whole release day is my love. Very nice. Thank you.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Stephanie! You are just the absolute sweetest! The headband is SO easy to make. I glued the stretchy elastic together using hot glue. The flower is a premade one from Prima that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I attached that using hot glue as well. It is literally a 2 minute project!😉Some of my other headbands are more labor intensive, but not this one!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! It's funny you say that; I used to get invited to EVERY baby shower, even if I didn't really know the mom. It finally clicked!😜 I left instructions on the headband on the reply on the comment below yours. Let me know if you need anything else!❤

TeresaC said...

Kelly!! Extraordinarily clever projects, delightful color palettes and perfect packaging!! You offer so so much inspiration!! I am keeping both of your blogs up on speed dial!! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity.