Thursday, January 10, 2019

Papertrey Ink January Countdown Day 1

Welcome to Day 1 of the Papertrey Ink January release countdown! It looks like we've got a party going on and we certainly do! Today the team is showcasing a few fabulous new products and up first is the fun and festive set called "Let's Fiesta"! I couldn't wait to get this set inky so I turned on Disney's Coco and let the inspiration and colors soak in. I had a ball inking up all of the images getting a feel for the different flowers, accordion medallions, and Papel Picados! In the end, the rug was my favorite of the images to ink up. I absolutely love all of the details and colors you can add because of the multiple step stamps that Betsy included! Make sure you stop by the Papertrey Ink Blog to see how the rest of the team used this new set!

As I mentioned earlier, I just got to work die cutting and stamping all of the different images. I cut multiples of everything and used my mini MISTI to stamp them all out in a variety of colors. Once I had everything stamped, I decided that I wanted to create a tall card to mimic the feeling in the streets shown in Coco. I've never been to a city or town that celebrates with these decorations, so Coco was my best source of instant inspiration! LOL! 


I did some ink blending used Hawaiian Shores ink across the top and bottom of the narrow panel. I wanted to leave some white space to stamp the sentiments in black.  Once I had the ink blending done, I smooshed my ink pad onto my acrylic block and mixed it with water so that I could add some ink splatter across the panel. I just love adding in this additional detail, especially on a card like this!

I had fun adding in all of the stamped images that I had worked on. I created the Papel Picado banner across the top. I love that there are bows so you can add them to the ends. I filled up the basket with some blooms with the rug tucked behind. This particular set includes some additional sentiments to really make this set versatile! 

Up next is the new Shape Shifter: Square 4! I covered up most of the center cut detail, but it pairs PERFECTLY with the "Let's Fiesta" stamp set. I used a few of the extra medallions I had stamped from my previous card as the embellishments for this birthday design. I also used the Corner Adorner: January to give this card even more fun detail. 

I remembered that the "Celebrate" die cut that comes with the Bold Borders: Wave die is similar to the celebrate sentiment that is included in the Corner Adorner: January stamp set, so I created a fun sparkly piece to add to the front. I die cut it a few times out of white cardstock and then did some ink blending using Raspberry Fizz ink. I glued them all together and then added the chunky glitter to the top of the letters for some added sparkle, shine, and detail. 
The Corner Adorner is heat embossed in gold in the corners and then I stamped the included "Celebrate" sentiment in Raspberry Fizz ink in the two corners. The Shape Shifter: Square 4 is glued together twice and then ink blended as well. 



I can't wait to use this Corner Adorner on so many projects! It's the perfect celebratory detail to add to all sorts of designs: graduation, baby, birthday, wedding,  New Years, etc! Thanks for joining me today! I hope you'll stop back for each day of the release for some fun inspiration! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly, I couldn’t wait to hop to your blog, your celebrate card looks like a party on a card. I think it must have been your idea and I love it.
Your embossing is always a fav. And your tall card, WOW, Now that’s a party in full swing! I LOVE, LOVE the design. I am so happy you’re on the PTI design team, Thx for a great post. 😊

Andre M. said...

The banner, the florals, the confetti, the pretty colors - a fab combo of elements on these fun cards. Love the cheerfulness of the release.