Thursday, January 17, 2019

Inspired By #55 Just a little something!


 It's time for another fabulous Inspired By challenge! I took last week off because I was immersed in PTI release frenzy, but I'm back today sharing a trio of gift card holders using this week's inspiration! You can check out the challenge HERE as well as see how the rest of the team used the inspiration! I loved the mix of plaid, ticking and color combination, so that was my starting point.

 I hosted a cocoa night for the ladies in my church and I needed a few "cocoa" inspired thank you gifts, so this challenge was perfect! I love these papers from Authentique and knew they would work well to include the mix of patterns from the photo. I used the fabulous Coffee Cup Gift Card Holder from Honey Bee Stamps for today's cards. 
I also used the Gina K tag bundle that was a freebie from Simon Says Stamp during the holidays. The "just a little something" sentiment was the perfect thing to add to the front of these gift card holders. 

 I used a circle punch to create the circles once they had been stamped. It is obviously larger than the image, but I like the bold white edge.

 I'm planning on putting gift cards to a local sweet shop into the gift card holders. I will package them up in cellophane bags with a couple of packets of hot cocoa as well, so I wanted to make some tags for the cello bags. I really like the pillow from the inspiration photo that says "let's huddle" so I used the simplicity of that for the tags. I also did some zig zag stitching along the edge for some extra textile detail since that is so present in the photo. I hope you get a chance to join us this week. I know I sound like a broken record, but participating in challenges really helps get the creative juices flowing and creating things that you might not normally. Thanks for fluttering by!

5 comments:

Danni Reid said...

These are fantastic and I’m sure they loved them!!

jan metcalf said...

You are such an inspiration! Imagine your schools, church, friends, neighbors and community at large love receiving gifties from you!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Yes, they would be perfect!❤❤❤ thank you

Kelly Lunceford said...

oh Jan, thank you so much! I've read each of your sweet comments! You certainly know how to make a girl's day! Thank you, thank you!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Danni!