Thursday, January 3, 2019

Inspired by #53 {Mr. Snowman}

 
Hello friends! I want to wish you all a very happy  New Year!  I've got some fun news to share with you today! I've been asked {and happily accepted} to be a part of the Inspired by Challenge team! It's been a while since I've been part of a "challenge" team so I was so happy to have been asked! This week's theme is "Mr. Snowman",which you can see in the inspiration photo. As much as I was hoping to get a little creative with this one, I just couldn't resist using the Fence Line: Winter stamp set . I've been itching to get him inky and this was the perfect excuse!
 I love the color combination of the sweet inspiration snowman so I tried to use them in my little scene, but not necessarily in the same places. For instance, I knew that the berries and birds would need to be red, so I chose to give my snowman a blue hat. I got a mini MISTI for Christmas so I put it to good use on today's card!
To begin, I die cut all of the pieces that I knew I would need. I used the coordinating Fence Line: Winter dies and the snow drifts are from the In the Meadow die collection. Once I had everything cut, I got to work getting them all stamped. 

I set up a little mock scene to see where everything would fit and then got to work on a blended background for the sky. I wanted some white to show through for some contrast and realism. I love how it turned out. I spritzed it with Shimmer spray and let it dry before I stamped the sentiment. I just HAD to use this one from the In the Meadow stamp set that says "in the meadow we can build a snowman". 


 Once the scene was set using adhesive and foam squares, I decided that the sky needed a few flurries, so I added the smallest snowflake image from the "In the Meadow".
As I mentioned earlier, this isn't the most "creative" card, but it sure was fun to make! I was happy to have gotten this set inky because it is a fun one!

I hope that you'll join us this week and play along. This is a challenge that I have been participating in recently and it is a lot of fun! I hope I see your card in the gallery this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Welcome to the team and such a gorgeous take on the inspiration!

I Card Everyone said...

Kelly!!! Welcome aboard, oh talented one!! Your card this week is just amazing, and I know they will be awesome every single week of the year!!
I'm so happy to be your teamie!
=] Michele