Wednesday, September 19, 2018

SugarPea Designs Mix it Up #47 {Make a Wish}

I'm playing along with this month's SugarPea Designs Mix it Up Challenge! I've combined some new and old products on this bright birthday design!

 I started off by creating a distress oxide ink blended background inspired by the magenta wall in the inspiration photo. Once that was done, I spritzed it with water and Shimmer Spray and set it aside to dry. 
 In the meantime,I die cut the heart out of glitter cardstock using the Postage Stamp SugarCuts. I also heat embossed the "It's your birthday, Make a wish" sentiment onto vellum using silver powder. This is one of my favorite sentiments and it is from the Chic Wishes stamp set. It also happens to be on sale, wink, wink!
 I die cut a white piece of cardstock using the London Scape SugarCut.  I trimmed it down to fit the width of the blended panel.
 Once the blended panel was dry, I used the Postage Stamp sugarCuts {linked above} to create the design around the edge. I also used the Card Front Element Builders to die cut the white layer. I love the added detail it adds to my cards. It also adds some stability  as well, since I layer the entire front panel onto a card base.
 Once I had all of the elements ready to go, I got to work adding them to the blended panel. I also did some color spritzing over thew white London Scape. I also added some rhinestone gems and sparkling clear sequins for some added shine....{as if there isn't enough} LOL! At this point, I was ready to call the card DONE, but I just couldn't get the idea of wanting some balloons floating around this scene. So.....that got me working on some heat embossed vellum and white balloons.
I love a good balloon set, so I was over the moon when the Birthday Balloons set came out for this last release! I love that it comes with three different dessigns stamp over the balloons. I, of course, chose the heart design for this card and I just love how they look floating here and there! I realize that this card has quite a bit going on, but for a birthday I think it's just right! LOL! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

This is just gorgeous, Kelly! Your mojo is certainly back!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Amy!❤❤❤ I appreciate your sweet comment! If you could only see what it took to get here! LOL!🙈🙈🙈

Jane Harrah said...

A bit of pink overload for a non-pink passion person, LOL but lovely!

Kelly Lunceford said...

I totally thought of you when I posted this!😂😂😂 Thank you for your sweet comment regardless!❤❤❤