Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Countdown to Confetti- Day 1

Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Countdown to Confetti!! There are SO MANY amazing new products that the team will be showcasing over the next few days! We're starting things off with lots of fun Halloween products that I'm sure you'll love as much as I do! I decided to use them all on this ghostly ensemble! This is just one of three projects that I put together for Day 1 because I love Halloween so much, so make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom. Also, the other designers have come up with a lot of other fun ways to use these products, so don't forget to stop by their blogs and give them some love!
 Also, before I get too carried away, there are always prizes up for grabs....a $25 gift certificate to one blog commenter and a $25 gift certificate to one Facebook commenter. The Blog link is listed below and this is the link to the Facebook page:



I made a fun treat sack using the new "Bags and Tags Creator". I used the zig zag edge at the bottom of the sack because it reminded me of the bottom of a ghost costume or drawing! The way I created this treat sack is by  die cutting two of the large pieces and scoring them on the side in the same place. I folded that little flap over and attached the two pieces together. Close up the bottom and you have a super quick and easy treat bag. I used the new "Abundant Autumn" 6 by 6 paper pad for all of the projects today!





I used the new "Boo yea" stamp set as well as the new "Frightening Friends" to create this little ensemble! I just love how easy this little ghost is to make, but I thought he looked especially cute all dressed up in some of the new pattern paper! Each set includes a 3 by 3 card as well. I bring little gifts like this to give to my kids' teachers and I like to leave a little note, especially if they aren't in the room when it gets dropped off.

I made a second little ensemble, but this time I used the zig zag edge at the top! I want to make a million of these sweet little bags in all of the different papers! I used the Frankenstein from the new "Frightening Friends" stamp set as well as the spooky tree and fence!


I love how the "Boo Yea" stamp set fits perfectly inside the circles and tags from the new "Bags and Tags Creator". 


 I stamped the tree using Versamark ink and then heat set it with some sparkly powder. The fence is stamped in black and then colored using alcohol markers. I used the coordinating "Frightening Friends" Confetti Cuts to die cut everything.


And....because I hadn't used Mr. Devil, yet...I decided to make a card. I also wanted to try out the striped circle from the "Bags and Tags Creator" as well. I thought it could make a fun design detail paired with the "trick or treat" sentiment from "Boo Yea". When I heat embossed it, it started to bubble and I almost threw it away, but in the end, I kept it thinking it had a spooky detail that would add to the overall design.

Let me just tell you, if you are pressed for time, the ghost is the perfect choice...stamp in black, die cut and you're done! LOL! The Frankensteinm fence, and Devil are colored using alcohol markers. I loved how the spooky tree looked embossed on the other two projects, so I did it again on the card.

I added a few sequins here and there for some sparkle and shine! Join me again tomorrow for Day 2 of the Countdown to Confetti! There are so many fun new things you won't want to miss it! Thanks for fluttering by!

18 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

So sweet, Kelly! I especially love the ghost!!

~amy~ said...

Kelly, love ALL your wonderful projects!

Isabel Z said...

Repeat, I don't need another Halloween stamp set, I don't neat another Halloween stamp set...it's not working because this one is so darn cute and I love what you created with it.

Becca Yahrling said...

These are all adorable. I love the silver embossing - so perfect
with the Halloween theme.

Pat Gasko said...

that Ghost is just too cute! Love 'em

Lisa Petrella said...

Wow! What an amazing collection of sample projects using these new goodies!!! I especially love all of the ways you showcased the new bags and tags dies!!! So many fun ideas!

Susan Watanabe said...

Your ghost looks great dressed up in patterned paper!

Jane Harrah said...

So cute Kelly! Love the little ghosty!

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute and so sweet and spooky too!

Sue D said...

cute designs. I like the papers you used.

Mrsfish02 said...

So many fun ideas. Love them all. Especially that crooked picket fence. Boo Yea!

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love your coloring! I love the details! SO MANY great creations! The papers are too cute!

Cindy Holmes said...

Cute creations for Halloween I especially love the little card on the top with the cute little ghost on it! Very sweet!

Kathy said...

Great projects, Kelly, I love how the little Halloween friends popped up here and there!

Heather said...

These are all so adorable!!! LOVE the patterned paper you used on the ghost on the first treat bag; too fun!!

Debbie Rumpza said...

Oh my gosh... so adorable!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

WOW! I LOVE Halloween too. Just darling projects and adorable characters. Great ideas.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful results from a really fantastic release!!!!