Wednesday, September 5, 2018

SSS STAMPtember- SugarPea Designs {Cuddly Cacti}



Wahoo! I am so super excited to be participating in my first ever STAMPtember with Simon Says Stamp in collaboration with SugarPea Designs! Today we're thrilled to share with you a stamp set created exclusively for this event and only available while supplies last, called Cuddly Cacti! There is also a coordinating die set and you can purchase them as a bundle or seperately! I love this set so much I just want to squeeze it! LOL! It is BEYOND adorable! I couldn't stop with just one card, so I made two!



One of my friends was wearing a super cute cactus shirt the other day that was pink, green, and black! Of course that is a  very common cacti color combination, but that is what inspired this set of cards! I fell in love with the hugging cacti image....SOOOOO cute! I knew I just had to use that image and the "Sending  Hugs" sentiment!

I haven't used the Message Letter Board Sugarcut in a while, so I thought that would make a sweet backdrop for these affectionate cacti. I did some Distress Oxide ink blending onto a piece of white cardstock and then spritzed it with water and shimmer spray. Once it was dry, I die cut it with the Message Letter Board SugarCut. I also die cut the black letters that say "HUGS" 4 times out of black cardstock and glued them together. I glued them above the colored image to reinforce the "sending hugs" sentiment, which is heat embossed in white. 



I stamped the pot and hugging cacti onto a white circle that was die cut using the Zig Zag Stitched Circles. I colored the images using alcohol markers. I also stamped the pink flower and added it to the pot using foam squares. The message board is layered up onto some cardstock that has been die cut using the Card Front Element Builders. A few rhinestone gems finish this design!
As soon as I clapped eyes on the graphic showing this sweet set, I knew that this particular sentiment must have been created especially for me!LOL! I've been a little prickly lately so this particular card is actually already in the mail! Ha Ha! I used the Large Striped CoverPlate to stamp the sentiment and the cacti. I blended a panel using distress oxide inks for the background, spraying it with water and shimmer spray like the first card. 

The images are colored using Copic markers. I also added some Crystal Nuvo Drops to the top of the pot on both cards to mimic the clear pebbles that these type of plants like to grow in. I had so much fun working on these two cards! Remember, this is an exclusive set and when it is gone, it is gone, so head to the Simon Says Stamp store today to pick yours up! Thanks for fluttering by and enjoy the remainder of STAMPtember!

No comments: