Friday, September 7, 2018

Countdown to Confetti Day 3

Well friends, we've covered Halloween and Autumn the past two days so it seems fitting that Christmas is on the menu for today! I work on Christmas all year long, so it doesn't seem too early for me at all, and I hope the rest of you will agree! The team is sharing three new Christmas/holiday sets that you're sure to fall in love with!  Also, the other designers have come up with a lot of other fun ways to use these products, so don't forget to stop by their blogs and give them some love!
 Also, before I get too carried away, there are always prizes up for grabs....a $25 gift certificate to one blog commenter and a $25 gift certificate to one Facebook commenter. The Blog link is listed below and this is the link to the Facebook page:




These sweet little gnomes have stolen my heart in the most unexpected way! I had such fun coloring these cuties and adding them to my watercolored, paint spattered background! I also used the "Triangles" Coverpanel with an embossing mat to get an embossed background, rather than using it as a die cut like I did yesterday.


I stamped all of the images in black palette ink and then colored them using alcohol inks. I actually stamped quite an army of images and you will see more of these little guys/gals for tomorrow's Blog Hop! Once they were colored, I used the coordinating "Holiday Gnomes" confetti cuts to die cut them.

Once the images were arranged on the watercolored panel, I mixed some White acrylic paint with some water and added the paint splatters. These little gnomes got caught in a snow storm, I'm afraid!

Next up is a clean, graphic card that I created using the new "Triangle Trees" stamp set and coordinating dies! I saw the most fabulous image online that I wanted to share with you because it was my direct inspiration and now I can't find it! I will continue to search and link it back when I do! I would hate to not give credit where credit it due!ETA: I found it....you can check it out HERE.



I die cut both the Stitched Rays Coverpanel and the Polka Panel Confetti Cut out of white cardstock and layered them using foam squares. This created the perfect backdrop for these darling trees. The sentiment, which is also from the Triangle Trees set is heat embossed in silver. I spritzed everything with shimmer spray which you can see glimmering on the red cardstock in this photo.
 Rather than navigate the different heights of foam squares, I simply opted to wrap the red sentiment strip around the white layers and glue it to the back.I actually really like how it looks arced around the card. It made it a little bit tough to photograph head on, but I think it looks great in real life. A few sparkling clear sequins finish off this clean design.


Up next is a pretty little set called "Christmas Candles". I can't tell you how excited I am for this particular set. I am in need of a good candle set and this one is perfect! I can't tell you how many times I needed a set exactly like this back when the Merry Monday Christmas challenge was up and running! LOL! Anyway, it's here now and it is sure to become a fast favorite! I couldn't resist pairing the candles with the jar that was showcased in the "Cotton and Thistles" set yesterday.



Of course the sentiments are amazing as well. I got a little carried away with the Frost Shimmer Spray but I wanted to give the jars the look of frosted glass.

Each tag uses the fabulous greenery from the "Christmas Candles" set and I added some red Nuvo drop "berries" to each of the tags. I also added some white paint splatter for detail and interest. The red baker's twine is the finishing touch to make these tags "package ready"! I know they will make all of my cCristmas packages so pretty! Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. Tomorrow is the new release Blog Hop and I'll be sharing some additional Christmas inspiration!

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Kelly, your projects are gorgeous!

Sue D said...

Fabulous projects. My favorite are the candle tags.

MadeByMeghanK said...

WOW! I love them all! Especially the cute little gnome scene you created!

Marcia Hill said...

SO much inspiration in your 2 cards and tags today Kelly and I'm loving it all!! Your gnome card is just delightful and I LOVE your coloring and layout...FABULOUS! And your graphic card is so simple but so eye catching and LOVE the color combo for Christmas...definitely have to try that one out! And your tags are just too sweet with the vellum and the candle images...they are going to look amazing on your packages this year! Wonderful post today...totally had me smiling and turning the wheels!! :0)

Kathy said...

So much goodness to look at - Gnomes, Trees, Candles, all look l8ke a happy holiday!

Becca Yahrling said...

I can't get enough of these darling gnomes! Your card is gorgeous.
And the tree card and the tags are so very elegant and lovely.

Amy Rohl said...

Always a treat to stop by, Kelly! I'm in love with all the white on your tree card!

Susan Watanabe said...

Yup, it’s a given...I need that sweet Santa set in my stash! Thanks for some wonderful inspiration. :)

Mrsfish02 said...

So very gnome appropriate... Love this set. Love your stunning tree card also. Nicely done.

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

WOW! Your projects are amazing. I love your backgrounds, patterns, coloring, and designs. Those gnomes are darling. And love the Nordic look of the blue/white tree card. So simple, but pretty with all those patterns. And the candle tags are so traditional and just lovely for packages. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great cards and the new products are so lovely!!!!!

Unknown said...

Love your color choices and the blues and whites together. Such nice tags too, such great inspiration!

Kathy said...

I like seeing the Gnomes on those blue and aqua backgrounds, but the card that does it all is the Triangle Trees in blue inks on the white background! Gorgeous simplicity!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, love all of your amazing and inspirational projects!!! The gnomes crack me up!

gujrati moj said...

Hello, My Dear friends Hi!! Hope you all are doing well. Are looking for the Big Lots Survey at www.biglotssurvey.com?

And Do you want to know about What time does Big Lots Store Open? and What time does Big Lots Store Close?

Big lots customer service Number and Big Lots Store Locations Near Me.

If you don’t know so don’t worry my friends, cause Here we have explained all Big lot survey, Big lots rewards,

that would help you to save your time and fuel. There is no necessary to go visit Big Lots Store yourself.

big lots survey number

big lots transaction number on receipt

biglotsurvery