Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Praise Song


Today is Wednesday and that means it is the Sketch Challenge over at SCS. Of course I had to play along. I decided to use some of my images from The Saltbox Studio to build a *scene* to fit the large rectangle piece from today's sketch. I used Tweets, Tweet Houses, and Fences. These images all work so well together. Of course I had to color the bird blue, it it my favorite for this little birdie! I added my own post to the birdhouse (which I got a tad crooked because my ruler had a divet in it...ughh) . I added some vellum scallops to the sides for softness and a bit of stitched ribbon for texture. I also ran the green layer through my cuttlebug using the swiss dots embossing folder for even more interest. This card is simple, but I tried to add some details to make it pop!


As I was creating this card, I realized how out of control my *storage* system is for all of my acrylic stamp sets from The Saltbox Studio. So...I am off to the office supply store for some jewel cases to get organized. I have an awesome storage container for these, so the time has finally come. You remember the twinkle stickers from Amuse that I *misplaced* (LOL)? I found them today amongst the jumble. EEEkkkkk! Gotta get these organized! I will show photos of my system when it is all organized!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so darn good! I love your work now as much as ever. Every one of your posts is an inspiration to me. Thanks so much!

Kim said...

I love this!! It is so cute! great colors and layout!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Kelly this is so cute! Love the adorable bird and your embossed vellum scallops!

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable! What a cute image!