Friday, May 23, 2008

Birthday Boy!


Yesterday's challenge over at SCS was to make a masculine card and today's challenge was to not use any hardware on our cards, but to replace it with some stamped images. I decided to combine the two for today's card. I have been wanting this Jersey Shore DS paper ever since it was in the catalog, but held off...until now! I never use brilliant blue, so I thought if I bought this paper it would get me using it. I was right. I actually bought a whole new fresh package of brilliant blue. Who would have thought? LOL! Anyway...I had this Toy Box set out from last week's color challenge and I thought it would work well with this paper. I colored the image with my blender pen and re inkers using the colors in the paper. I used little pieces for the circle accents, punched them out and added some crystal effects. I remember one of the reasons I started stamping in the first place was to make my own embellishments for a fraction of the cost. I don't do that nearly enough anymore. I had fun using these colors and stamps! Thanks for fluttering by.
P.S. I know that I promised photos of my newly organized stamps, but I wanted to post a card today instead. I will post it soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful mix of challenges-- this bright, happy card is perfect for any *boy*-- big, or small!

DeborahLynneS

Anonymous said...

Masculine cards are so often dark and dull...very nice, but dark. I love, love, love this bright card. Great job on the challenges too! TFS!

Lisa T. said...

Very cute. This is such a sweet card for a little boy. Actually, my husband would probably love it since he's into racing... TFS!

Anonymous said...

Love the sketch! I never know what to do with these "wordy" type of sentiments. Will have to try it!